Ball Jar Craft: DIY Halloween Terrarium
It's almost time to start decorating for Halloween! I was poking around Pinterest and was instantly inspired by a few Martha Stewart Halloween ideas. For once, they seemed simple enough for me to complete.
Jar Terrariums are so popular and perfect for any holiday. No fancy supplies needed! I picked up the jar size I needed from my local grocery store, then I shopped my backyard for twigs, seed pods, rocks, etc. I also picked up a few Halloween novelty items from the craft store; I couldn't help myself.
This is the perfect craft to get the kids involved, especially for little ones. No scissors or glue needed, keeping the risk of injury or risk of glue in the hair down. And what child doesn't like going on a nature walk hunting for nature items?
How to Make a Halloween Terrarium
- Ball Jars—a couple sizes make it more interesting, but the large jars are easier to manipulate.
- Twigs, rocks, moss, seed pods, or leaves from the yard
- Halloween novelty items (you probably already have some from last year)
- Florist foam—I used florist foam to stick my seed pods into with the skull. I also used it for the twig the crow is on
- Spanish Moss—I picked up a bag of this at the craft store, although you could use leaves, dirt, rocks, etc.
Once you gather your items, start building your scene on the upside down lid. Slide the lid into the jar and twist on the lid ring ... and you are DONE!
You now have a festive holiday table centerpiece or mantel decoration!
Check out our other Ball Jar Craft Posts:
What are some other fun things you can display in your Halloween jar?
Latest posts by Kim (see all)
- Homework Incentive Pay - August 23, 2018
- Craft: How to Make Beach Themed Candles for Your Patio - July 20, 2018
- Easter: Quick and Easy Decorating Ideas - March 22, 2018