Barilla – Share The Table®: Thursday #gno Twitter Party
It’s Tuesday and you’ve created a masterpiece of a meal complete with appetizers and dessert. The table has been set and it is time to call down the family but no one comes down - each of your family members are “too busy” for family dinner. And as you eat that dessert on your own, you wonder what you can do to engage your family and have more meaningful meals together. Don’t worry, you aren’t alone. Did you know that only 11% of Americans say that they connect with their families as much as they would like to?*
The disconnection of families in today’s world is what sparked the desire in Barilla to create the Barilla Share The Table® program. What do you think of when you think pasta? You think of great food, but more importantly, you think of families laughing and sharing around the dinner table. That’s why Barilla wants to inspire, empower, and support all families to share more meaningful meals together.
Barilla’s quick tips to try at your next family meal:
- Get everyone Involved | Get every member of your family involved in the mealtime creation process
- Cut the Distractions | Establish a rule of no electronics for both kids AND parents
- Show some love | May eye contact when communicating
- Have fun |Try playing a game to kick-off the dialog
*From the Share The Table®: The State of Dinnertime in America study commissioned by Barilla.
Join Barilla, Mom It Forward, and our panel of experts as we chat about creating meaningful family meals. The party will be held on Thursday, August 21 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Thursday, August 21 from 9—10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us using your favorite Twitter platform. Just make sure to follow the party hashtags!
- Hashtags: #gno #ShareTheTable
- Topic: Creating Meaningful Family Meals
- Who: Brand Panelist: @BarillaUS Brand Ambassadors: @PickyPalate, @UpPoppedaFox, @DeSuMama and @MochaDad Community Panelists: TBD Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 28, 2020
- Savory and Sweet Dishes: 8 Easy Bacon-Filled Recipes - January 9, 2020
- 5 Tips for Frugal Back to School Shopping - August 9, 2019