Diet and Exercise: Apps to Keep Your Physical Fitness Resolutions
What if a magic bullet existed that helped you keep your New Years resolutions? I, for one, would take it. How about you?
Creating New Years resolutions is a great way to assess where you are at personally and professionally, make goals that will help you improve, and track your progress so that you meet those goals. But have you ever made resolutions only to not keep them? If your answer was "Yes!", you are not alone. Many struggle with reaching their goals and most need help.
This is part one in a five-part series of posts, recommending a variety of resolutions—and help with keeping them—with the goal to help you lead a balanced lifestyle. Post one delves into resolutions that are good for your health and wellness. Posts two through five will address ways to help you improve your relationships, nourish your soul, and keep your mind fed. Not only do these posts suggest resolutions, but they also provide phone and/or iPad apps for making progress toward meeting your goals.
Leading a balanced lifestyle requires paying attention to your physical well being. Exercise and diet often top people's New Years resolutions, but what about getting sufficient sleep and managing your financial fitness? Managing your stress is a key part to any wellness plan and all the things on the list below will help you set and meet health and wellness goals for the upcoming year.
- Track your goals. (Habits Pro, Bloom, Juice)
- Buy healthier food. (Cozi Family, Cooking Light Magazine)
- Exercise more. (Pedometer Free, MyNetDiary, Nike+ Running, Bloom, Juice)
- Eat healthier and/or lose weight. (Lose It!, Calorie Counter & Diet Tracker, MyNetDiary, Jillian Michaels Weight Loss Plan, Juice)
- Get sufficient sleep every night. (Juice, Sleep Pillow Sounds, Sleep Machine, Sleep Rain Free)
- Manage my financial fitness. (Coupon Sherpa, Mint.com, Spending Tracker, Groupon)
- Improve your health. (WebMD, First Aid by the American Red Cross, Women's Health Magazine, Vision Test)
- Take up a new sport or athletic activity. (Ski and Snow Report)
Making Health and Wellness a Family Affair
Most people do better at keeping their New Years resolutions when they set goals, involve others in their journey (e.g., working out with friends, doing a diet challenge with groups of people online, etc.), and build in a system for accountability.
Mom It Forward created a new eBook, especially for the winter months, dedicated to getting active as a family. It features 31 ideas, one for each day of any month, for getting outdoors and playing, exercising, or just plain having fun!
You can click here to download the printable below. Or, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter to get the eBook to help you as you make and work toward your health and wellness New Years resolutions. Click here to subscribe!
This is the first in a series of New Year's Resolutions. You can read the rest of the series here:
- Resolutions: Apps to Keep Your Personal Wellness Goals
- Resolutions: Apps to Keep Your Lifelong Learning Goals
- You Made Your Resolutions, Are You Keeping Them?
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Inexpensive Summer Time Family Fun Tips - June 19, 2017
- Photography: Family Photo Walk at Utah’s Wheeler Farm - June 6, 2017
- 10 Tips to Planning Your Own Summer Camp - May 26, 2017