DIY Valentine’s Day Craft: P.S. I Love You
Valentine's Day is quickly approaching, and I wanted to make something special for my husband to put on his desk at work. Are you looking for an easy Valentine's Day craft for your sweetie? I have the perfect P.S. I love you craft that you can make in an afternoon. I've seen a lot of painted burlap pillows on Pinteret and decided to use that technique for this Valentine's Day craft.
DIY Valentine's Day Craft: P.S. I Love You
- craft paint
- Dauber sponge brushes
- picture frame without glass for a softer look
- freezer paper
- Choose a fabric to stencil your message on. Place the frame's back board onto the fabric, and trace with a pencil.
- Cut it to fit your frame. I had some fabric scraps of cotton muslin that looks like the fabric a postal carrier's bag is made out of.
- Place your stencil onto your fabric and use a Dauber brush to sponge paint over your letters. Dab lightly. (Dauber brushes work great on fabrics, just remember to not overload the brush with paint)
- When paint is dry, iron your stenciled fabric onto a sheet of freezer paper. Place your fabric right side up on the waxy looking side. Cover with a light cloth before you iron so your iron doesn't get plastic on it! Your top cloth will stick a little after ironing, but just peel it off. When cool, trim off excess paper edges.
- Place art piece in your frame and your done!
The British musical group, the Beatles, are known for sweet love songs. They are my inspiration for this craft. I bought a stencil last year at my local craft store, and it just happened to have P.S. I love you on it. Score! Fun Fact: The Beatles celebrated their first appearance in America 50 years ago on the Ed Sullivan Show. P.S. I love them too.
What Valentine's Day gifts are you giving to your spouse this year?