Faces of Metastatic Breast Cancer Giveaway: Win a $250 Donation
What is metastatic breast cancer (MBC)? Breast cancer is considered metastatic or advanced when it has spread from the breast to another part of the body, such as the bones, liver, lungs or brain. Those with MBC are facing a very different disease than women with early-stage breast cancer, and most will be on treatment for the rest of their lives. It’s important to keep the MBC conversation going beyond Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October.
Did you know…
- There are currently 155,000 people in the United States living with MBC
- Unlike early-stage breast cancer, there is currently no cure for MBC
- 41,000 women die of MBC each year
- Some people with MBC will live for 10+ years battling the disease and receiving medicines for the remainder of their lives
The Faces of MBC "Circle of Support" Facebook application helps those living with metastatic breast cancer build a network of support and helps caregivers and friends offer that support. It allows those living with MBC to ask for the specific types of support they need ― whether it's a day at the movies, a ride to the doctor or a homemade meal. Supporters can then select from this customized list and make a "promise" of support. This app is also a place where family and friends can offer words of encouragement. The app is private, so only those with MBC can select which of their Facebook friends becomes a part of their Circle of Support.
Visit www.facesofmbc.org to join the Faces of MBC Circle of Support Facebook application or watch this short video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1l4enUWJGM to learn more about how the app works. Also, don’t forget to mark your calendar for Tuesday, April 17 for the #gno Twitter party! We’ll be chatting about breast cancer awareness and how to support those living with this advanced state of the disease.
This week's giveaway is all about understanding metastatic breast cancer and breast cancer support. One lucky winner will receive $250 to donate to a breast cancer awareness charity or organization (ARV: $250).
For a chance to win, please complete the following requirements and leave a separate comment for each on this post, including links to your original tweets.
- Follow @FacesofMBC on Twitter.
- Visit the Faces of MBC resource center (http://www.facesofmbc.org/) and then come back to this post and share a tip that you learned on that website in the comments section of this post.
- Tweet the following:
- RT @MomItForward Living w/metastatic breast cancer? Join the #FacesofMBC Circle of Support Facebook app: http://bit.ly/HIBLxq #gno PLS RT
- RT @MomItForward GIVEAWAY! Enter for a chance to win a $250 donation (1 Winner)! http://bit.ly/HIBLxq #gno #FacesofMBC PLS RT
The following are extra entries that are completely optional and will earn you one extra entry for each completed item. Leave a separate comment on this post for each completed entry.
Terms and Conditions
Winners will be selected randomly through http://random.org. No purchase necessary to enter. Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. ET Wednesday, April 18. See all terms and conditions here. This giveaway is available to U.S. residents only. Winner must select a 501(c)(3) breast cancer organization.