Family Fun: Disney on Ice Dare to Dream
Disney on Ice’s new show, “Dare to Dream” makes every girl’s wishes come true. The stunning show highlights stories from some of Disney’s movies and makes sure that all of the princesses are seen by the end of the performance. I loved it when a cute girl sitting next to me excitedly waved and said “hi” when Princess Jasmine made her appearance. You definitely think about who your favorite princess is and enjoy seeing her skate.
I brought my own little three year old princess along with some princes, ages six and eight. I wondered if the boys would be interested in the show, but after the opening act they were enthralled. They were mesmerized by all of the bright colors, great scenery, and even better ice skating. They particularly loved the skating frogs, trumpet-playing alligator, dancing soldiers and even the “ruffians.” Entertaining boys as well as girls, Disney on Ice did a great job including the whole family—Grandma too!
I particularly enjoyed the re-telling of the stories and hearing the best songs from the Disney movies. The upbeat songs made you either sing or clap along. My kids were jazzed up with Prince Naveen and Tiana as they re-created the style and rhythm of New Orleans and the Bayou. Cinderella’s step sisters’ song wasn’t quite so harmonious, but certainly made everyone laugh.
The highlight of the show for me and my kids was how Rapunzel’s tale was told. Wait until you see her spectacular escape from the tower! Maximus the horse also makes an impressive appearance that makes you wonder, “how did they do that?”
“Dare to Dream” created a magical tale that delights dreamers of all ages. I had not been to an ice show since I was a kid but definitely plan to go again now that I have seen the quality of Disney’s shows and how much my kids enjoyed attending.
There are still tickets available. Hurry and get yours now so you don't miss out on this fun performance.
When: Wednesday, March 6 – Sunday, March 10, 2013
Where: Salt Lake City, Utah (Energy Solutions Arena) 301 West South Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Show Dates and Times:
- Friday, March 8 – 3:30pm & 7:00pm
- Saturday, March 9 – 11:30am, 3:30pm & 7:00pm
- Sunday, March 10 – 1:30pm & 5:30pm
- Tickets go on sale on Feb. 1, 2013.
- Tickets range from $17, $23, $40 (VIP) and $52 (Front Row).*
- Opening Night discount tickets available for only $12 each. (not valid for premium seating)
- All seats are reserved and available from the EnergySolutions Box Office and all SmithTix locations, charge by phone at 801-355-SEAT or 800-888-TIXX and online at www.smithstix.com or www.energysolutionsarena.com.
Utah Disney on Ice Discount Code:
- By using this code, like. MOM, at checkout readers can receive discounted tickets for the Friday at 3:30 PM, Saturday at 11:30 AM, Sunday at 1:30PM and 5:30 PM performances, for ticket levels of $23 and $16.
*Tickets may be subject to service charges, facility and handling fees.
What are some of your favortie Disney momories?
Latest posts by Jill Greenlaw (see all)
- Holidays: How to Create Easter Traditions with Your Family - March 23, 2017
- Staycation Ideas: Having Fun at the Park - March 22, 2017
- Tips for Planning the Perfect Family Vacation - March 14, 2017