Arthur, Martha Speaks, and the Poetry Foundation Giveaway: Win a Poetry Prize Pack
Almost everyone has a poem that has stuck with them. Whether it’s by Shel Silverstein or Walt Whitman, poetry has a brilliant way of uplifting spirits, bringing smiles, showing love, and encouraging creativity. Poetry is so special that the entire month of April is dedicated to celebrating and embracing this form of creative writing.
To kick off National Poetry Month, former United States Poet Laureate Billy Collins and inaugural Children's Poet Laureate Jack Prelutsky will appear in special Martha Speaks and Arthur episodes highlighting poetry on April 2, 2012 on PBS KIDS (check local listings). Beyond the broadcast, kids are invited to create, write and share their poetry online with the all-new Martha Speaks Rhyme Time pbskids.org/martha and at Fern's Poetry Club pbskids.org/arthur. And to highlight National Poetry month, we’re hosting a #gno Twitter party Wednesday, March 28!
To learn more about PBS KIDS, The Poetry Foundation, and National Poetry Month, visit pbskids.org/martha, pbskids.org/arthur, and poetryfoundation.org.
This week's giveaway is all about poetry and creative writing. Five winners will receive a special Martha Speaks and Arthur prize package that celebrate National Poetry Month.
For a chance to win, please complete the following requirements and leave a separate comment for each on this post, including links to your original tweets:
- Follow @pbsmarthaspeaks and @pbskids on Twitter.
- Like the Martha Speaks Facebook page and Arthur Facebook page.
- Answer the following question in the comment section below: What do you love most about poetry?
- Tweet the following:
- RT @MomItForward April is Poetry Month! @pbsmarthaspeaks and Arthur invite kids to celebrate: http://bit.ly/GP0Jbx #gno #KidsPoetry PLS RT
- RT @MomItForward GIVEAWAY! Enter 4 chance 2 win a @pbsmarthaspeaks & Arthur prize pack http://bit.ly/GP0Jbx #gno #kidspoetry PLS RT
The following are extra entries that are completely optional and will earn you one extra entry for each completed item. Leave a separate comment on this post for each completed entry.
- Follow @momitforward on Twitter.
- Like Mom It Forward on Facebook: http://facebook.com/momitforward.
Terms and Conditions
Winners will be selected randomly through http://random.org. No purchase necessary to enter. Giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. ET Thursday, March 29. See all terms and conditions here. This giveaway is available to U.S. residents only.
Latest posts by CariThompson (see all)
- Communication With Kids: How to Address Tragic Events - July 27, 2022
- Falafel Recipe: 10 Minute Healthy Dinner - March 22, 2019
- Relationships: How to Give the Perfect Gift - December 25, 2018