Recipe: Gluten-Free Pistachio Grapefruit Pad Thai
We're always looking for recipes that are not only healthy, but delicious. This pad thai recipe is gluten-free, vegetarian, and dairy free! And the best part? It's totally yummy. Try this recipe as a new, fresh summer meal.
Pistachio Grapefruit Pad Thai
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Vegetarian
- 4 Tbsp. organic almond butter
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/3 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 8 oz. rice noodles
- 1 small bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp. pistachios, crushed
- 1/6 tsp. grapefruit zest
- 1 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Prepare rice noodles, drain and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine almond butter, honey, gluten free soy sauce, lime juice, grapefruit juice, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In wok, stir fry garlic in 1 Tbsp. oil for 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add remaining oil and onions; cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add almond butter mixture, chili powder, bean sprouts, and noodles. Continue to mix until sauce thickens.
- Transfer to serving dishes.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of fresh ginger, scallions, ground flax seeds, pistachios, grapefruit zest and fresh basil. Garnish with lime wedges.
How do you encourage your family to eat healthy?
The Manhattan Gal Behind The Healthy Apple Teaches You How to Cook Real Food. Mission: To Change the Way People Eat. “Feeding People Food – The Way Food Was Meant To Be”
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP is a Manhattan based Personal Chef, Culinary Nutritionist, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in simple Gluten-Free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. She is the Editor-in-Chief of The Healthy Apple.
Amie is a Food Media Expert; her work spans the hotel, spa, restaurant and FMG sectors—creating menus, developing marketing and PR efforts and building brand awareness for her clients. Not limiting her focus to companies and brands, Amie works hands-on with individuals and groups as a Personal Chef, Food Allergy Concierge and Healthy Family Pantry Stylist to guide them through their transition into a healthier lifestyle. She is a Gluten-Free Industry Innovator when it comes to helping clients, the community, companies and clients; helping them live a healthy and happy life. She understands how difficult it can be to find time in our hectic lives to create a home cooked, nutritious meal, but is here to show you how easy it can be. Amie’s insights and advice appears on The Huffington Post, Martha Stewart Radio, the Doctors, YahooShine!, Rodale Institute, WebMD and Williams Sonoma.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- 16 Lucky St. Patrick’s Day Treats and Crafts - March 5, 2021
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 9, 2021
- Parents: How Fathers Can Build Relationships With Their Kids - February 9, 2021