GNO Gets Smart! Lifelong Learning & Education Options for Today’s Moms!
- Topic: Lifelong learning, including distance learning!
- What: GNO
(What's GNO? Click here to find out!)
- Where: Tweet Grid (use the #gno hashtag)
- When: From 9 pm EST (8 CST, 7 CST, and 6 PST)
- Who: Featured panelists
Gina LaGuardia, Former editor-in-chief of CollegeBound Teen Magazine, editorial director for The CollegeBound Network, @GinaLaGuardia
Capella University representative, @CapellaU
Nicole Russo, Capella University student and single mom of nine-year old; working online toward a Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling degree, @NicatCapella
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky in sidebar (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jyl_momIF).
Enter to win our giveaway for a summer vacation to Park City Mountain Resort. Entries due Tues., Mar. 17.
Why moms should consider a return to school (statistics about those who learn/earn; inspiring your family; recreating your professional path; etc.)
How you can balance babies and the books?
What's online learning really like?
Doing your homework *before* you dive in
How the latest economic stimulus plan affects obtaining an education
Popular programs to consider, and why
What are ways in which you can be a lifelong learner and not have your education stop in the classroom?
- How can you instill in your children a love of learning?
- How can you earn a college or advanced degree given your busy schedule as a mom?
- In this economy, does it make financial sense for me to return to school? If so, what are my options?
- What programs are available to me if I choose to learn a trade instead of going with a traditional institution?
- What's the value in earning a degree if I don't plan on having a career?
- How can I apply my degree as a working at home mom?
And we just got word of this amazing offer from Future Scholars, wow Free 5 college credits!