Join the Mom 2.0 We Can Do This National Parent Twitter Event with Special Guest Dr. Dara Kass, HHS Regional Director for Region 2
This spring and summer season marks three years since the COVID pandemic began, and many are thrilled to get outside and spend quality time with friends and family. Although get-togethers with large groups of unvaccinated children remain risky, COVID vaccines provide an opportunity to return to a more normal lifestyle. And help children stay safe and healthy!
Let’s chat about the parenting journey during and after the pandemic. We invite you to share your personal experience. Dr. Dara Kass will share insights & personal perspectives as a Mom who happens to be the HHS Regional Director for Region 2.
Speaking of gatherings, are your children 5-17 years of age vaccinated? Everyone in the United States ages 5 and older is eligible to get vaccinated. Getting family members vaccinated as soon as possible and wearing masks in public indoor spaces if you live in an area of high COVID spread are the best ways to protect younger children until they are eligible for vaccines. The vaccines work.
You can stay safer if you get a booster. A booster shot is an extra dose that helps keep up protection against severe illness. Everyone 12+ who is vaccinated should get a booster shot. Talk to a doctor if you have questions about the vaccine.
COVID vaccines are the most closely monitored vaccines in U.S. history and are being monitored just as closely in children. Find vaccines near you at vaccines.gov.
What you can do:
Let’s chat about the parenting journey during and after the pandemic. What was your personal experience like?
Join @HHSGov, Mom 2.0, and Mom It Forward as we learn more about We Can Do This. The Twitter event will be held on Tuesday, May 10, 2022, from 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm. ET (8 CT, 7 MT, 6 PT).
- What: #WeCanDoThis #gno #ad Twitter Event
- When: Wednesday, May 10, 2022, from 9:00 pm - 10:00 pm. ET (8 CT, 7 MT, 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on your Twitter account! Just make sure to follow and use the event hashtags!
- Hashtags: #WeCanDoThis #gno
- Topic: We Can Do This Campaign
- Brand Panelist: @Mom2Summit
- Moderators: @ForwardIM @troypattee @MomItForward
- Community Panelists: @amomsimpression @2kidsandacoupon @DonnaChaffins @PinkNinjaBlogg @danavento @evrydayshortcut @MommyBlogExpert @TamaraCamPhoto
Paid for by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Latest posts by Nikki Abad (see all)
- Join the Mom 2.0 We Can Do This National Parent Twitter Event with Special Guests Dr. Vivek H. Murthy, United States Surgeon General and Patricia A. Stinchfield, RN, MS, CPNP, president-elect of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) - June 6, 2022
- Join the Mom 2.0 We Can Do This National Parent Twitter Event with Special Guest Dr. Dara Kass, HHS Regional Director for Region 2 - May 9, 2022
- Celebrating Milestones: 5 Victories Moms Should Celebrate￼ - May 5, 2022