Holiday Kids Craft: How to Make Valentine’s Day Cards
Valentine's Day is all about love, so why not have your kids show some love to friends and family with these homemade Valentine's Day cards? Anyone from toddlers to adults can make this simple and inexpensive craft. If you are looking for something to make else as an extra special gift, consider making some hot/cold therapy sacks.
My son, Little Man, is 3 and he loved every aspect of this craft, especially that he could do it with little help.
How to Make Valentine's Day Mosaic Cards
- Construction paper—one sheet of any color for each card, and one sheet of pink or red for every 3 cards.
- Crayon or Marker
- Glue Stick
- 6x9 inch manilla envelopes (if you want to mail your valentines)
1. Fold your paper in half (hamburger style) to make a card. Then draw a large heart on the front.
2. Inside the card, write "I love you to pieces" along with whatever else you want to say. Don't forget to let the kids write something, too, even if it is just scribbles. The recipient will appreciate this just as much as the card itself.
3. Let your kids rip up the pink or red paper into small pieces, apply glue to the inside of the heart and start creating a mosaic. It's not about being perfect; it's about having fun and sharing your love with others.
That's it! If you are mailing your cards, make sure you wait until they are dry to place them in the envelopes so they don't get stuck.
Make someone's day a little brighter with these easy Valentine's Day Cards.
What Valentine's Day crafts do you like to do with your kids?
Lisa Branam is a fun loving wife, mom and blogger who is known for her laugh. You can find her at A Little Slice of Life where she helps others do the most with what God has given them and at Schertz Family Fun. When Lisa isn’t blogging she is scoring great deals, cooking, volunteering, playing with her son, on Pinterest and all around avoiding housework.
Latest posts by Lisa Branam (see all)
- Holiday Kids Craft: How to Make Valentine’s Day Cards - February 8, 2016