Make a Difference in Someone’s Life This Week by Giving Generously!
10 Ways to Make a Difference This Week By Giving to Others
Week 5's Summer of Service challenge, sponsored by Alice.com, is to give back to others in meaningful, selfless ways. This means identifying what your friends, family members, neighbors, and others really need by asking yourself, "What would be meaningful to them?" Then, put that into action.
This list below identifies 10 possible ways to give to others. Please share a comment with other ideas you have or things that have worked for you.
- Spend quality time with someone.
- Identify an act of service to perform for another and do it anonymously.
- Purchase a gift and give it to someone for being a great mom, a terrific friend, a nice neighbor, etc.
- Show your appreciation by telling others thank you, writing them a thank you note, or taking them a gift.
- Validate someone's hard work.
- Identify a charity you support and make a financial contribution to their cause.
- Identify a charity you support and schedule time to volunteer your time for that organization.
- Identify a less-fortunate family in your neighborhood and help them in whatever way they may need help.
- Take time to hug each member of your family every day.
- Tell each member of your family that you love them this week. Add other important people in your life to the list as well.
How Will You Give to Others This Week?
- What other ideas do you have for giving to others?
- How has giving to others made a meaningful difference this week?
- How have others given to you this week and what difference has that made in your life?
How Else Can You Make a Difference This Summer?
Make a meaningful difference this summer by taking the Summer of Service (SOS) Challenge. Here's how you can participate:
- Commit to do one act of kindness/service based on the week's challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week's challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.
- Grab the SOS button in the sidebar and put it on your blog or social networking site.
- Enter to win each week's giveaway. Check out this week's prizes from Alice.com by clicking here.
- Join #gno this Tuesday on Twitter to connect with other Mom It Forward moms about the challenge.