McDonald’s: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party on Nutritious Fun at Family Mealtime
McDonald’s is excited to introduce a new, national Happy Meal campaign to help make nutrition fun for kids! Timed with the nationwide availability of the new Happy Meal which automatically includes apple slices and a kids-size fry, the campaign engages families in the benefits of balanced eating and active play with new TV advertisements and a “Happy Meal Chefs” contest.
The TV advertisements feature new characters – each with a story that celebrates kids’ aspirations — that achieve their goals with the help of balanced eating and active play. As their stories unfold, they discover the benefits of eating foods from the recommended food groups including menu items found in the new Happy Meal. The ads are the first to support McDonald’s nutrition commitment to promote a nutrition and/or lifestyle message in 100 percent of its national communications to kids.
As McDonald’s continues to develop and test new offerings, a “Happy Meal Chefs” contest gives two parent and child teams the opportunity to help in the creation and testing of new, nutrition-minded Happy Meal choices, alongside McDonald’s executive chef Dan Coudreaut.
McDonald’s wants to hear the inspiring stories from you and your kids (ages 8-11) who enjoy cooking with wholesome ingredients at family mealtime. Ten kids will win a trip to the London 2012 Olympic Games to celebrate balanced eating and fun play with kids from around the world. Two Grand Prize Winners will become honorary “Happy Meal Chefs” and experience a one-of-a-kind apprenticeship with Chef Dan. To learn more about the contest, visit the Happy Meal Chefs contest page.
The new Happy Meal campaign is McDonald’s latest initiative to support of McDonald’s “Commitments to Offer Improved Nutrition Choices,” announced July 2011.
McDonald’s looks forward to hearing how you make nutrition fun for your kids. Be sure to mark your calendar for Tuesday, March 13 and join us as we chat about nutritious fun at family mealtime with McDonald’s!
Join McDonald’s and our online panel of experts as we discuss nutritious fun and family time. The party will be held on Tuesday, March 13 from 9-10 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, March 13 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8 CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #McDonalds)
- Topic: Nutritious Fun at Family Mealtime
- Who: Brand Panelist: @McDonalds @Molly_McDs @khylek6 @MegO_McD, Community Panelists: @SarahWCaron @SavingUGreenMom @Adoctorandanurs @Living_LaLaLand @aMusingFoodie @thecreatvprncss @misaacmom, Moderators: @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Terms and Conditions
“Happy Meal Chefs”: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to US residents 18 yrs+ who are parent/legal guardian of a child 8-11 yrs. Contest ends 4/18/12. Subject to Official Rules. See Official Rules at https://happymealchefs.mcdonalds.com/rules info, deadlines & complete details. Void where prohibited.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 23, 2020
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - February 23, 2020
- Organization: How To Create a Portable Homework Station - August 13, 2019