McDonald’s: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party
Childhood now is starkly different than our own childhood. Whereas 20 years ago children had very little keeping them inside other than a summer rainstorm, nowadays TVs, tablets, and computers are every day occurrences that are replacing the fun of kicking a ball passed the goalie and scoring the winning goal. On Tuesday, March 18 we’ll explore this topic more.
McDonald's Player Escort Sweepstakes
In these digital days it can be a struggle to maintain an active lifestyle for your kids and yourself.
McDonald’s is committed to inspiring active play and celebrates kid’s passion for soccer through the McDonald’s Global Player Escort program that kicked off yesterday. This program gives more than 1,400 kids worldwide, and 25 kids in the U.S., the unique chance to experience the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ and Brazilian culture first-hand and meet and support their soccer heroes.
Parents can enter for an opportunity for their child to walk hand-in-hand with one of the world’s best soccer players as they take the field for a 2014 FIFA World Cup™ match. To enter, parents should visit www.mcdonegoal.com between March 11 and April 6.
All McDonald’s Player Escorts will start their four-night, five-day trip in Rio de Janeiro, the 2014 FIFA World Cup™ home base. Each will escort their players onto the field in one of four match cities – Rio de Janeiro, Natal, Manaus or Recife. All 25 U.S. Player Escorts will also be able to designate a local soccer organization of their choice to be awarded a $1000 grant from McDonald’s.
The Player Escort Program reinforces the importance of getting outside and having fun, so join McDonald’s, Mom It Forward, Alex Morgan, and our panel of experts as we chat about encouraging kids to live active lifestyles. The party will be held on Tuesday, March 18 from 9—10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
Alex Morgan is an Olympic Gold Medalist from the 2012 London Olympic Games forward for the National Women's Soccer League club Portland Thomas FC and the U.S. Women's National Team. In the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games, Alex scored the winning goal sending her team to the finals against Japan and bringing Olympic Gold home to the U.S.
Jill Ellis, Development Director of the U.S. Women's National Teams, will also be joining the #gno sharing her perspective on supporting the active lifestyles of kids and teens.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, March 18 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT)
- Where: Party with us using your favorite Twitter platform. Just make sure to follow the party hashtags!
- Hashtags: #gno #McDOneGoal
- Topic: Encouraging Kids to Live Active Lifestyles
- Who: Brand Panelists: @McDonalds @KHylek6 @MegO_McD @RdubLife @alexmorgan13 @ussoccer_ynt Community Panelists: TBD Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Marissa Huntsman (see all)
- Meal Plan: Perfect Picnic Sandwiches - July 11, 2017
- Parents: How Fathers Can Build Relationships With Their Kids - May 30, 2017
- Best of — Family Vacation Tips - May 24, 2017