PBS KIDS: Thursday #gno Twitter Party on Summer Reading
If your children aren’t out of school for the summer, they will be soon! Summer break is upon us and it’s important to keep the learning process going strong throughout the summer months. Research shows that if kids don’t do educational activities throughout the summer, they start the next school year at a disadvantage.
To help bridge this summer learning gap, PBS KIDS is providing families with the SUPER WHY! Around the World Adventure, along with a host of other fun and educational content and activities across platforms.
On Friday, June 15, PBS KIDS premieres the SUPER WHY! Around the World Adventure, an on-air event featuring two new episodes of SUPER WHY!. This new special is the cornerstone of PBS KIDS’ summer learning initiative, an effort to help kids continue building key literacy skills throughout summer vacation.
PBS KIDS also is partnering with iVillage to offer the iVillage PBS KIDS Summer Reading Community Challenge at ivillage.com/pbs. The challenge runs from June 18 to July 27 and features free literacy-building resources, for parents and children, designed by the experts at PBS Parents and PBS KIDS.
Join PBS KIDS and our panel of experts as we discuss summer reading. The party will be held on Thursday, June 14 from 9-10 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Thursday, June 14 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #SummerReading.)
- Topic: Summer Reading
- Who: Brand Panelists: @PBSKIDS @iVillage @Scholastic @SuperWhyTV @lizardzack @pbsparents, Community Panelists: @momonashoe @mamaknowsitall @theaumsmama @imaginationsoup @alicewilder @peekababy @jenrab @melissanorthway @7onashoestring, Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Fall Crafts: 5 Homemade Projects to Celebrate the Fall Season - September 11, 2020
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 23, 2020
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - February 23, 2020