Rachel & the TreeSchoolers: Thursday #gno Twitter Party
It’s no secret that the media content has changed drastically since we were kids. The days of high quality educational content that keeps the kids engaged is buried away with Bill Nye and Ms. Frizzle. In fact, a recent study found that only 1 in 8 educational shows for children is highly educational. Smart media for kids seems to be vanishing. Or is it?
- Actively engages kids in learning by using signs, games, songs, and dance
- Uses layered learning: teaching interrelated concepts vs. isolating concepts
- Teaches children HOW to learn with the CORI Method (wonder, ask, learn, and share)
So when can your kids catch this new programming? TV executives have classified the pilot as “too educational” and rejected the series. Did your eyebrow just raise? Good, because Rachel completely disagreed too and is now using Kickstarter to finance this show through family funding.
Join Rachel Coleman, Mom It Forward, and our panel of experts as we chat about the importance of educational media content for kids. The party will be held on Thursday, June 12 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Thursday, June 12 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us using your favorite Twitter platform. Just make sure to follow the party hashtags!
- Hashtags: #gno #TreeSchoolers
- Topic: The Importance of Educational Media Content
- Who: Brand Panelists: @ST_Rachel @signingtime @treeschoolers Community Panelists: @WeKnowStuff_US @simplysweethome @mommylearnsalot @Bcmymommasaysso @BeyondTheCrib @avonrepmi @KathysSavings @meandmyhandful @Tlaborn @trustmeimamom
- Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Marissa Huntsman (see all)
- Parenting: How to Help Your Child Pick the Right College - May 10, 2016
- Best of — Family Vacation Tips - July 14, 2015
- Thursday Google + HOA – Great American Milk Drive - September 11, 2014