Resolutions: How to Set Family Goals
I love this quote by Ernest Hemingway:
It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
How to Set New Year's Resolutions as a Family
In our January eBook, entitled "Get Active: 31 Days of Family Fun Activities," a fun printable (free for your downloading pleasure below) makes it easy for your family to jot down some fun goals together.
- Print the New Years Resolution sheet.
- Cover the sheet from your children, being sure NOT to share the story with them ahead of time, and call out the parts of speech listed on the printable. Have your children provide a word according to the appropriate verb, adverb, noun you ask for.
- Fill out the form according to the words they share with you.
- Once complete, read the form to them and laugh at how funny the story reads using their words.
- With a clean version of the same printable, read the sentences to them and have your children fill in the blanks, helping them where necessary to come up with their resolutions.
- Accountability is key! Check back with your kids regularly to see how they are doing and to reward them for their progress.
You can download the printable below. And, subscribe to our free weekly newsletter to get the eBook to help you as you make and work toward your New Years resolutions. Click here to subscribe!
Click to download the Mad Libs New Year's Resolutions printable.
What goals did you and your family make this new year?
Latest posts by Jill Greenlaw (see all)
- Fall Decor: “Give Thanks” Wood Craft Project - November 13, 2016
- Holiday Entertaining: 5 Thanksgiving Table Decorating Ideas - November 9, 2016
- 8 Online Shopping Tips for Back to School - August 8, 2016