Responsibility.org Giveaway: Win a $50 VISA Gift Card
We’ve all been there … racing from store to store trying to find the perfect gift, shopping until super late at night trying to pick up the right ingredients for the holiday feast, trying to plan out how to visit with all of your family members throughout the holiday season. Let’s face it. The holidays, even though they are full of joy, are also full of stress.
Americans, especially parents with kids ages 18 and younger, report higher levels of stress during the holiday season. Here's a glimpse at just a few of the results of a national survey conducted by Responsibility.org on Americans and holiday stress:
51% of parents with kids ages 18 and younger report stress due to holidays;
The survey results reported no difference in the level of stress between moms and dads, what differed is the ways moms and dads managed the stress;
- 1/3 of moms reported being more stressed by family, especially cooking and planning meals vs. 13% of dads;
- An overwhelming 50% of moms reported coping with holiday stress by focusing on what's important;
- Over 1/4 of dads reported managing stress with alcohol;
- 1/5 of dads reported managing stress by delegating to a spouse/significant other;
- One-third, or 32% of Americans, say they rarely or never plan ahead for transportation when hosting/attending parties.
Join us as we discuss how we manage the stress, model healthy behaviors in front of our kids and share tips on how to cut back and focus on what's important this holiday season. Be sure to join the Twitter party on Tuesday, December 2. Click here for more information: http://bit.ly/11v71O1. Follow #HolidayResponsibly and @goFAAR on Twitter, or check out Responsibility.org as a resource for parents to talk with kids about hard topics.
Giveaway Post Prize
We'll be giving away four $50 VISA gift cards. Please follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter widget below in order to enter for a chance to win a prize.
During the #gno Twitter party, you’ll have a chance to win a $50 VISA Gift card. You will need to follow @goFAAR on Twitter and join the party on Tuesday, December 2 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT) in order to enter the giveaway. Giveaway requirements and instructions will be explained during the #gno Twitter party.
Terms and Conditions
No purchase necessary to enter. This giveaway ends at 11:59 p.m. ET Wednesday, December 3, 2014. See all terms and conditions here. This giveaway is available to U.S. residents only.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Organization: How To Create a Portable Homework Station - August 13, 2019
- Sandwich: Pepper Jack and Jelly Grilled Cheese - July 16, 2019
- Breakfast: How To Make Light and Fluffy Pancakes - July 12, 2019