Responsibility.org: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party
The holidays are upon us and stress levels might be high as we try to host the perfect party, buy the perfect gifts, set out the perfect holiday décor, and send the perfect holiday cards. This can be a stressful time for many.
Responsibility.org conducted a national survey on how Americans manage the stress of the holidays and some of the results may, or may not surprise you. Here's a glimpse at the difference between how moms vs. dads manage the holiday stress:
- Overall, American parents report higher levels of stress than adult Americans (38% vs. 25%) during the holiday season.
- The survey results reported no difference in the level of stress between moms and dads, what differed is the ways moms and dads managed the stress.
How do moms vs. dads manage holiday stress?
- One-third of moms reported being more stressed by family, especially cooking and planning meals vs. 13% of dads.
- An overwhelming 50% of moms reported coping with holiday stress by focusing on what's important.
- Over 25% of dads reported managing stress with alcohol.
- 20% of dads reported managing stress by delegating to a spouse/significant other.
- Over 60% of moms cited financial worries vs. 51% of dads but overall parents are more stressed about finances and money than those without kids.
Be sure to join the Twitter party on Tuesday, December 2 to chat about ways to manage holiday stress. Also, for more information, follow #HolidayResponsibly and @goFAAAR.
Join Responsibility.org, Mom It Forward, and our panel of experts as we chat about ways to manage holiday stress. The party will be held on Tuesday, December 2 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, December 2 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us using your favorite Twitter platform. Just make sure to follow the party hashtags!
- Hashtags: #gno & #HolidayResponsibly
- Topic: Ways to manage holiday stress
- Who: Brand Panelist: @goFAAAR Community Panelists: @SensibleMoms @Dad_or_Alive @JusticeFergie @allthingsfadra @techsavvymama @ElenaSonnino @JeannetteKaplun @TheHappiestHome Hosts: @jylmomIF@Dadventurous@troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Organization: How To Create a Portable Homework Station - August 13, 2019
- Sandwich: Pepper Jack and Jelly Grilled Cheese - July 16, 2019
- Breakfast: How To Make Light and Fluffy Pancakes - July 12, 2019