Top Tips to Get Hydrated, Moisturized, and Energized
Often when we're trying to lose a little weight, gain more energy, or feel healthier, we think we need to find the latest book, method, or gadget to speed up our efforts. While many of those things can help, if the basics aren't attended to, they will ultimately fail. If one builds on the small successes accomplished by paying attention to the basic needs of hydration, one is much more likely to experience sustainable success.
Top Tweet Tips for Getting Hydrated, Moisturized, and Energized
- Drink lots of water. Seems obvious, but it's often easier said than done, and how much should one really drink? @CrunchyMetroMom says her personal trainer says you should drink 1 ounce of water for every kilogram you weigh, which for a 115 pound person would be 6 1/2 cups. The Mayo Clinic says it's more like 9 to 13 cups a day. Tweeters suggested things like adding mint leaves to water, carrying a water bottle with you at all times, and drinking bottled water to make it easier.
- Find the skin moisturizer that works for you. The top recommended products were: 1) Arbonne Hydrating Creme, 2) Vaseline lotion. @GutiMom says: "For my body, I use Vaseline lotion. It's the only one I have found that keeps me hydrated all day." 3) Sensaria. @JaniceKoch87 says it's "amazing stuff."
- Replace coffee and processed sugars with things like orange juice, fruits, and almonds.@AleaShinn says orange juice is a HUGE pick-me-up in the morning for her, and @CrunchyMetroMom says, "A little protein seems to be a better kickstart for me than sugar (which makes me sleepy!)."
The bottom line is that water makes all the difference in the world, not only in terms of keeping you hydrated but also in terms of supplying energy. If you have other hydration tips, let us know!
Feature photo courtesy of Flickr.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Heart Health: Simple Steps to Prevent Heart Disease - February 20, 2019
- Gratitude: The Perfect Way to Calm Your Heart - February 16, 2019
- Happy Valentine’s Day - February 14, 2019