Service Ideas: 10 Ways to Serve by Washing
10 Ways to Serve by Washing
- Google whether or not your favorite body wash is manufactured by a company that does animal-testing, or look at this list to find companies that don't.
- Offer to wash some of the toys in your church's or community center's nursery or day care.
- Donate $1 to Share Your Soles, enough money for them to wash 30 pairs of donated shoes, which they then send to impoverished countries where shoes are a luxury.
- Wash out some cottage cheese containers, cut a quarter-sized hole in the lids and put them on the containers, then gather some fuzzies and a few toddlers or preschoolers, and let them have fun stuffing the fuzzies into the containers. (Idea: Pinterest)
- Visit ProjectLaundryList.org to find out how best to cold-wash or line-dry your clothes to save energy.
- Wash your neighbor's car or the outside of one of their windows.
- Put six quarters in the coin dispenser of your nearest self-serve car wash.
- Host a reverse garage sale for your neighborhood: gather their used items, wash them, and take them to your local Salvation Army.
- Donate $5 to Ms. Jimenez's classroom at Validus Prep Academy in an impoverished area of New York City, so that she can buy a washing machine and dryer for her students, many of whom don't have access to them at home.
- Sew a pillowcase, wash, and dry. Put it in a ziploc bag and send to ConKerr Cancer.
How Will You Give to Others This Week?
- Have you ever done any of these things? How did it go?
- What other acts of service have inspired you?
- How have others given to you this week and what difference has that made in your life?
How Else Can You Make a Difference This Season?
- Commit to do one act of kindness/service based on the week’s challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week’s challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.
- Enter to win this week’s giveaway.
- Join #gno this Tuesday and this Wednesday on Twitter to connect with other Mom It Forward moms about the challenge.
What fun ways can you serve others this week?
The following two tabs change content below.