Summer Fun: How to Save Money on Summer Trips
For most of us there are only a few weeks of school left. The kids are counting down to the last day with great excitement and anticipation. They cannot wait to do all the things summer involves like swimming, hanging out with friends, staying up late, sleeping in and, most importantly, the summer trips.
How to Save Money on Your Summer Trips
Many are still strapped from the weakened economy, but do not let that put a damper on your family’s summer trip. There are still many fun places to visit even on a budget.
- Check online discount vacation, hotel and cruise websites. Many are offering packages for up to 70% off.
- If you plan on traveling through Florida, take in the Pirate and Treasure Museum in St. Augustine for the little pirates in your family. The pricing is fairly inexpensive at $12 for adults, $6 for children 5 -12 and children under age 5 are free.
- Call resorts personally and ask for summer specials. They often offer rooms for $99 per night and free breakfast, some will throw in dinner vouchers where kids eat free or even dinner vouchers for four.
- Take in the sights of a National Park. If your family likes to hike, bike, swim or fish, a camping trip could be a fun family experience. Some parks have cabins for rent as well.
- If the kids do not get to see the grandparents often, take a week to go visit. Most likely this will include a free stay and most meals. You can afford to take in the zoo, amusement park or putt-putt.
- Visit a working farm or dude ranch. Schedule a weekend trip for your family.
These are just a few ideas for fun family vacations that will not break the bank.
What fun and inexpensive summer activities do you have planned with your family?
Robin Greene is a Kindergarten teacher and a mom of two teenagers. She is looking forward to her summer break and plans with her family. During her spare time Robin will be watching her daughter dance, her son play baseball and freelance writing for mybabyclothes.com. Get some great summer deals on baby clothes, baby tutus and baby headbands that you won’t be able to find anywhere else.
Latest posts by Lori (see all)
- Family: How to Plan a Memorable Family Reunion - June 25, 2019
- Summer Fun: How to Save Money on Summer Trips - May 30, 2019
- Mother’s Day: How to Make New Mother’s Day Traditions - May 4, 2019