Together Counts/Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital #HealthyHabits Twitter Party
Addressing the childhood obesity problem in our nation is of utmost importance. In an effort to address the issue and promote healthy habits for young girls, the Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation worked with the Girl Scouts of the USA to create free, easy-to-use Healthy Habits booklets that correspond with the Girl Scout’s Journeys program. To date, nearly 117,000 booklets have been downloaded and Daisies, Brownies and Juniors all over the country have found fun, practical ways to achieve “energy balance.” This Fall, the Girl Scouts of the Nation’s Capital is making Healthy Habits a key part of their “Journey Planners,” a map of activities for each season of the year! Three booklets available for download include:
- Between Earth and Sky with Healthy Habits
- WOW! Wonder of Water with Healthy Habits
- Get Moving! with Healthy Habits
Join Mom It Forward, Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital and Together Counts as we chat about the Girls Scouts Journeys Healthy Habits booklets and how parents and troop leaders can encourage a healthy, active lifestyle. The party will be held on Tuesday, Sept. 9 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Follow us via the #HealthyHabits and #GNO hashtags to enter for a chance to win in our Twitter Party giveaway.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, September 9 from 9—10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us using your favorite Twitter platform. Just make sure to follow the party hashtags!
- Hashtags: #gno & #HealthyHabits
- Topic: Healthy Habits
- Who: Brand Panelist: @TogetherCounts, @GSCNC Community Panelists: TBD Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Photo courtesy of Flickr.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 28, 2020
- Savory and Sweet Dishes: 8 Easy Bacon-Filled Recipes - January 9, 2020
- 5 Tips for Frugal Back to School Shopping - August 9, 2019