Valentine’s Day Kids Craft: Showing Love to Your Mother
Some of my favorite gifts from my children on Valentine's Day have been homemade. I love the fun projects my children have made at school, or the homemade "I love You" cards. One memory I have as a child is making my mom a ceramic plaque and painting it. She kept it for years because I had taken the time to make it special just for her. I can't think of a better gift to give a loved one than one that is made with your your own hands.
I recently read a blog post from one of my friends that recently lost her mother. It was entitled, "31 Things My Mom Taught Me". This inspired me to create this love note flip book this Valentine's Day and have my family give one to my mother. It includes all of the many things that she not only does for me, but for my kids and family. My mother not only inspires me each and every day, but she continues to find ways to teach and give unconditionally to all of us. I want her to know how much she is appreciated, so she will be getting this home made gift from our family to show her how much we love her.
How to Make a Love Note Flip Book
I found this really cute craft on the Spoonful website.
- 3x5 index cards
- Card stock
- Metal binder rings
1. Fill a number of colored 3x5-inch index cards with poems, drawings, and heartfelt messages. Use a hole punch to make 2 holes at the top of each card, making sure the holes in all the cards line up.
2. To prepare a stand, cut a piece of colorful card stock into a 5x10-inch rectangle, then fold the rectangle in half width-wise. Punch 2 holes just below the fold, using one of your punched index cards as a guide. Fold each end of the card stock 2 inches in from the edge, then use scissors to cut a 1-inch slit in the center of each flap.
3. Stack together all of the cards, placing the folded card stock at the bottom of the pile, then bind together all of the pieces using 2 small metal binder rings (available at office supply stores). To set up the flip-book, just interlock the slits in the flaps of the card stock to create a triangular display stand.
What are some of the fun home made ways you show your family you care about them?
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Kid’s Birthday Pool Party Ideas - July 17, 2018
- Meal Plan: How to Bring Italy Into Your Kitchen - July 16, 2018
- Strengthening Family: How to Set Up a Family Meeting - July 14, 2018