Window Covering Safety Council: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party
Raising kids is a rewarding calling, filled with many adventures and even misadventures. Yet, parenting is also exhausting as you try to keep up with math homework, chores, and most of all, their safety. As children leave infancy and enter into the toddler years, their ability to investigate and find dangers is tripled. Keeping outlets, sharp objects, and hazardous cleaning materials are items that are always on the forefront of a parent’s mind ; but what about those elusive cords that may be dangling from your windows?
The Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC) was founded in 1994 and is a coalition of major U.S. manufacturers, importers, and retailers of window coverings dedicated to educating consumers about window cord safety. During the month of October, they are raising awareness of the potential dangers associated with corded window coverings and providing consumers with free retrofit kits to help keep children safe.
Take a look at Window Coverings Safety Council’s easy to follow safety tips:
- Use cordless window coverings in homes with young children
- Check window coverings and make sure that there are no dangling, free-hanging cords
- Safety experts recommend using only curtains or cordless blinds or shades
- Keep window pull cords and inner lift cords out of reach of children
- Move all furniture, cribs, bed, and other climbable surfaces away from windows
To learn more on widow covering safety and to order a free retrofit kit, visit www.windowcoverings.org or call toll-free: 1-800-506-4636.
Join Window Covering Safety Council, Mom It Forward, and our panel of experts as we chat about safety. The party will be held on Tuesday, October 22 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, October 22 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on your favorite Twitter Platform using the hashtags!
- Hashtags: #gno #CordSafety
- Topic: Safety
- Who: Brand Panelist:@CordSafety Community Panelists: @dawnchats @freesamplemomma @ericabuteau @sosewmama @turningclockbac @StaceyNerdin Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Marissa Huntsman (see all)
- Parents: How Fathers Can Build Relationships With Their Kids - May 30, 2017
- Best of — Family Vacation Tips - May 24, 2017
- Meal Plan: Not Your Mother’s Vegetables - May 2, 2017