Winter Smoothie for Healthy Breakfasts
There are just some days when you want a breakfast that's pretty quick and healthy, especially if you're running out the door. Also during the winter, you have to make sure that you're eating foods with the essential vitamins and minerals to help ward off colds, the flu and to keep your immune system up.
Smoothies are a great solution for breakfast or even a mid-morning snack to tide you over till lunch. Start with a base of plain Greek yogurt, some coconut milk or liquid substitue, any fruit you like, some kale for added protein and a tablespoon of chia seeds for additional antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids. It will be sure to fill you up and guarantee a healthy start to your day that you will feel good about!
Ingredients for your Winter Smoothie
- 2 cups Dole Frozen Mandarin Sunshine Fruit
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 5.3-ounce container plain Greek yogurt
- 1 kale leaf, rinsed and torn from stem
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Directions for your Winter Smoothie
- In a blender, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and mix until well incorporated with no large pieces of kale present
- Pour into serving glasses and enjoy.
The great thing about smoothies is that you can tailor them to your liking. If you don't like coconut milk, substitute whole or skim milk or even soy. Bananas and other fruit such as blueberries are also great to add. Fresh
What kinds of smoothies do you enjoy during the winter months?
Latest posts by Lynne Feifer (see all)
- Chicken Quinoa Casserole With Homemade Alfredo Sauce - August 5, 2023
- Red Velvet Cupcakes for Holiday Parties - December 7, 2021
- Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe for Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey - November 2, 2021