American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party
You finally start dozing off after counting countless sheep…and then the scary snoring monster arrives and you kiss a goodnight night’s sleep goodbye. How many of you have ever had that happen? Do you have a scary snorer in your family? Or (the horror), are you the scary snorer in your family?
Instead of suffering through “midnight madness” with a scary snorer, make an appointment with a dentist. Why the dentist? Many dentists can effectively treat snoring and sleep apnea with oral appliance therapy.
Dental Sleep Medicine focuses on the management of sleep-disordered breathing including snoring and obstructive sleep apnea through the use of oral appliance therapy – an effective alternative to the standard continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine and mask. . The American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (AADSM) is the only non-profit national professional society dedicated exclusively to the practice of dental sleep medicine.
According to the AADSM, up to 50 percent of sleep apnea patients do not comply with or tolerate the CPAP machine and mask. In contrast, oral appliance therapy uses a comfortable “mouth guard-like” device — worn only during sleep — to maintain an open, unobstructed airway. AADSM recommends oral appliance therapy for people with mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea. Once a patient is diagnosed with primary snoring or obstructive sleep apnea by a board-certified sleep physician, a dentist trained in dental sleep medicine can provide treatment with oral appliance therapy.
Go to LocalSleepDentist.com to find a dentist in your area who can help treat snoring and sleep apnea. Also, don’t forget to mark your calendar for Tuesday, October 30 and join us as we chat about “midnight madness” and solutions for scary snoring and sleep apnea.
Join AADSM and our panel of experts as we discuss solutions for scary snoring and sleep apnea. The party will be held on Tuesday, October 30 from 9-10 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, October 30 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8 CST, 7 MST, & 6 PST)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid!
- Hashtags: #gno #SnoringMad
- Topic: Solutions for Scary Snoring and Sleep Apnea
- Who: Brand Panelists: @AADSMorg @DrDemkoDMD, Community Panelists: @WhipperBerry @blueviolet @msmommyhh6 @scentednights @noel_rocs @marocmama @mom2my5parham @makeitallwork @shellthings @AddictHeather @turningclockbac @anitra @mimibakermn @everyonesleeps @ashleytaylor76 @phemom @themommybunch @judy511 @floursackmama, Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Fall Crafts: 5 Homemade Projects to Celebrate the Fall Season - September 11, 2020
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 23, 2020
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - February 23, 2020