Back to the Future? Back to the 80s!
Remember the 80s? The awe-inspiring punk green, bright blues and hotter-than-hot neon pink that we wore in the 80s are again splashed all over the fashion pages. But can anyone over 18 make it work? Never fear, there are many ways to wear this trend other than going head-to-toe dayglo. Timex Trend Director Amy Goodman suggests five ways to work bright colors into your everyday wardrobe without making you look like you’re trying to turn back your clock – and they also won’t break the bank!
1) Pair bright blue flats with black leggings and a cozy long black sweater.
2) Bring a bright pink scarf into your outerwear wardrobe to liven up black, grey or winter white coats.
3) Rock some neon jewelry, like bangle bracelets or chunky necklaces – get affordable versions at Target, H&M or Claire’s.
4) Grab a neon clutch handbag to liven up every outfit, day or night.
5) Strap on a bright watch for a flash of color under those long sleeves.
Watch Amy’s video on TimexStyle’s Facebook page for more tips on 80’s fashion.