Community Service Ideas for Kids of All Ages
Looking for community service ideas for kids of all ages or service projects your entire family can enjoy? Look no further. Mom It Forward is partnering with #GivingTuesday for our second annual Family Night for a Cause. And not only that, but we're expanding our partnership to markets across the US. Want to participate? Read the details below for ways to attend an event with your family or to contribute from your computer.
Community Service Ideas for Kids of All Ages
We have the following flow of events taking place on Tuesday, December 3 (#GivingTuesday) to help you dedicate your day to giving and service, including the following (see below for more details):
- Service projects in markets across the United States
- A #GivingTuesday daytime Twitter Party
- A giving focused Google+ Hangout
Mom It Forward's Service Projects
We put the word out in our amazing blogger community and these amazing bloggers stepped up to the challenge. With opportunities from coast to coast, check to see if there's a location near you. Want to get involved, but don't see a service project in your area, please reach out to [email protected] for opportunities.
Arizona Service Project
- Heather Riccobono and Wendy Wright are having their own fleece blanket tying party to benefit A New Leaf, their local homeless and domestic violence shelter! Join them in Chandler, Arizona the evening of December 3, 2013 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. For more info on their project, reach them via email at [email protected] and [email protected]
California Service Project
- Melissa Northway is collecting items for Project Night Night tote bags for The Sheepfold, a shelter for women and children in Irvine, California. Would you like to donate new or gently used baby blankets, books, or stuffed animals? Get in touch with Melissa via [email protected] for more details!
Florida Service Project
- Denise Mestanza-Taylor is hosting a pajama drive! Denise is collecting new or gently used pajamas on December 3, 2013! If you're in the Land O' Lakes area of Florida, swing by her event with your pajama donations. Reach out to Denise via [email protected] for more info!
Ohio Service Project
- Sarah Lewis is facilitating a gathering of toiletry items between now and December 3, 2013. She's then assembling them into care packages for the local shelters in her area of Celina, Ohio. Would you like to join her? Reach out to her via [email protected] for more info!
New Hampshire Service Project
- Erica Buteau is collecting new and gently used winter hats, coats, mittens, scarves, and snow pants for all ages, between now and December 3, 2013. On #GivingTuesday, Erica and her family and friends will sort the items and deliver them to local churches for those in need near Berlin, New Hampshire. Interested in donating? Reach out to Erica via [email protected]!
Utah Service Project
The Utah Mom It Forward team is hosting a fun family-friendly service project here in West Jordan (Salt Lake County) on December 3, 2013 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friends and family (bloggers and non bloggers alike) are welcome to join us in tying fleece blankets and making handmade cards for our local Ronald McDonald House Charities! We'll even have cookie and cupcake decorating for the kids as well! Want to RSVP? We'd love to have you there! The more the merrier! Feel free to forward the link to your friends and family as well.
#GivingTuesday #gno Daytime Twitter Party at noon ET/9 a.m. PT
Don't miss the virtual fun we'll be having here at Mom It Forward on December 3rd. We are hosting a mid-day Twitter party and we'd love for you to join!
- What: Mom It Forward will host a lively chat chock full of community service ideas for kids of all ages
- When: December 3, 2013 on #GivingTuesday at noon p.m. EST/10:00 a.m. MST
Mom It Forward #GivingTuesday Google+ Hangout With MochaDad at 1 p.m. ET/10 a.m. PT
Following the Twitter party, join us for our Google + Hangout on Air where we'll get insights from two guest couples about the importance of charity in marriage and tips for raising giving children! We're also excited to be joined by Fred Goodall of MochaDad, as a guest moderator on this Hangout! Hop on over to our G+ event page to RSVP!
'Tis the season to serve! We can't wait to share in the excitement of the season with you, and to truly kick off the spirit of the holidays by giving!
Whether you're able to join in any or all of these events, be sure to share your own #GivingTuesday service efforts throughout the day on December 3, 2013. Share on Twitter, Instagram, & Facebook! Be sure to tag @MomItForward and #GivingTuesday to tell us what you're doing!
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- 16 Lucky St. Patrick’s Day Treats and Crafts - March 5, 2021
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 9, 2021
- Parents: How Fathers Can Build Relationships With Their Kids - February 9, 2021