Faces of Metastatic Breast Cancer: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party on Breast Cancer Awareness
Are you living with breast cancer or know someone who is? October was Breast Cancer Awareness Month and during that time we heard inspiring stories of survivorship, but there’s a side of breast cancer that’s rarely talked about — metastatic breast cancer (MBC) — an aggressive and fatal disease.
Breast cancer is considered metastatic or advanced when it has spread from the breast to another part of the body, such as the bones, liver, lungs or brain. Those with MBC are facing a very different disease than women with early-stage breast cancer, and most will be on treatment for the rest of their lives. It’s important to keep the MBC conversation going beyond Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October.
The Faces of MBC "Circle of Support" Facebook application helps those living with metastatic breast cancer build a network of support and helps caregivers and friends offer that support. It allows those living with MBC to ask for the specific types of support they need ― whether it's a day at the movies, a ride to the doctor or a homemade meal. Supporters can then select from this customized list and make a "promise" of support. This app is also a place where family and friends can offer words of encouragement. The app is private, so only those with MBC can select which of their Facebook friends becomes a part of their Circle of Support.
Visit www.facesofmbc.org to join the Faces of MBC Circle of Support Facebook application or watch this short video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1l4enUWJGM to learn more about how the app works. Also, be sure to mark your calendar for Tuesday, April 17 and join us as we chat about breast cancer awareness and how to support those living with this advanced stage of the disease.
Join the Faces of Metastatic Breast Cancer and our online panel of experts as we discuss breast cancer awareness, learn about metastatic breast cancer, and talk about how to support those living with the disease. The party will be held on Tuesday, April 17 from 9-10 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, April 17 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #FacesofMBC.)
- Topic: Breast Cancer Awareness and Support
- Who: Brand Panelists: @FacesofMBC, Community Panelists: @cjmeta @joyceharrellrn @cafesmom, Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties. Faces of MBC is sponsored by Genentech.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Fall Crafts: 5 Homemade Projects to Celebrate the Fall Season - September 11, 2020
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 23, 2020
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - February 23, 2020