Get Organized For Spring
It’s been a long winter for much of the US, but spring is on the horizon! Warm weather means a new set of clothing, spring cleaning and holidays. Don’t let it sneak up on you. Get your home and your family ready for the warm weather with these easy steps!
Get Organized For Spring
Here are some ideas for how you and your family can get organized for spring:
- Go through everyone’s spring clothes. Kids grow quickly so you may find that they need new wardrobes. Take this time to also go through the hand me downs or clothes you’ve put away. If you find there are things that are just never going to fit get rid of them!
- Organize the closets! Once the clothes are sorted, put the winter clothing away (either in storage or in the back of the closet) and move the spring clothes to your prime real estate – i.e. where you can easily get to them.
- Gather up all of the winter gear – coats, hats, gloves, boots, etc – and store in plastic bins. Take an inventory, label the bin and store on a high shelf in the closet or in your basement.
- If you have spring holiday decorations or supplies locate those boxes and take an inventory so you know what you need for this year. Everything is in the stores, start early!
- Spring cleaning is a family affair. Give everyone a job and make sure that everyone has enough time to get that job done. Don’t start new jobs until the original job is done. And make sure you work around your family’s schedule – if June is a better time for your family to spring clean, do it in June.
- Take this time to go through school and office supplies. You want to ensure your kids have everything they need to get through the remainder of the school year and that you can get your taxes done. Many stores have spring sales on these items, so stock up while you can.
- Start to think about summer – from vacations to summer activities, you should start getting a plan together so you don’t miss out on anything!
What are your tips for getting organized for spring?
Barbara Reich is a professional organizer based in New York, NY. Her tough-love approach turns organization and clutter from chore to lifestyle. Her book, “Secrets of an Organized Mom” is on shelves now. To find more tips from Barbara, please visit www.facebook.com/ResourcefulConsultants or www.secretsofanorganizedmom.com. - See more at: http://momitforward.wpengine.com/spring-cleaning-can-make-you-happy#sthash.UKU5kG3f.dpuf