Gratitude: 7 Steps to Writing the Perfect Thank You Note
Sending thank you notes is a lost art form. Remember the days when you received a hand written card? It wasn't sent to you in your inbox or via text, it was written on beautiful stationary, with words of gratitude and love. One way to show gratitude is by writing thank you notes.
7 Steps to Writing the Perfect Thank You Note
Here are a few ways to make sure you notes are personal and well thought out.
- Start by greeting the person you are writing the note to. Many people forget this part.
- Write the notes by hand if possible. Hand-written notes are so much more meaningful than ones that are typed. We live in a computer world, and taking the time to write a note will let the person you are sending it to know they are important to you.
- Write a sentence or two about how the gift or gesture you are writing about is changing your life or affecting you. Explain how it made you feel or how you are using it. Did they give you a gift, do a kind deed, or say something thoughtful? Make sure you let the person know why what they did was important to you. Describe how it made you feel and why you were touched.
- Use the thank you note as a way of getting caught up and renewing old ties. You could say something like this, "It has been awhile since we have been able to spend time together. Lets try and meet for dinner soon so we can catch up on each other's lives".
- Keep the thank you note short and simple. If you go on and on, it might come across as insincere.
- When you receive money as a gift, never say how much it was. All you need to do is thank the person for sending the gift and thinking about you.
- Last but not least, teach your children while they are young how to write thank you notes. If this isn't something you do regularly, practice makes perfect. My kids often remind me that we need to thank someone for a kind gesture.
Thank You Note Printable
Mom It Forward would love to share our free thank you note printables with you. The download includes two adult cards and 2 kid cards. We hope you will put these cute notes to good use by downloading them here.
What are some of your favorite thank you cards you ever received?
To access more printables in our Gratitude eBook, visit our eBook page here.
Image courtesy of Flickr
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Spring Gardening Trends - May 9, 2022
- 42 Easter Treats and Crafts - March 1, 2022
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 17, 2022