Happiness: Laughter is the Best Medicine
10 Tips to Help Others LOL
- Tickle your toddler the next time you're at the grocery store. Of course, that makes him or her laugh, and anyone who hears the sound of a child's laughter inevitably laughs, or at least smiles, too.
- Put on a silly puppet show for your kids when they get home from school.
- Watch a funny movie (I recommend Nacho Libre) with your family tonight. There is nothing better than laughing together.
- Buy an inexpensive bunch of flowers and pass them out to friends or co-workers.
- Put together a Secret Easter Bunny, or Secret Santa if you're really planning ahead, gift exchange with friends, fellow book club members, or co-workers, but with a difference. Each person picks a name from a hat and envisions the recipient as a child. The toys you exchange will give you all a good laugh and when you're done, collect up all the toys and donate them to a local children's nonprofit.
- Slip a joke in your husband's lunchbox.
- Go to OperationBeautiful.com, then put a happy, anonymous post-it note in a random public place.
- Eat at a vegetarian restaurant listed on HappyCow.net.
- Bake some brownies, spread some Nutella (yummm!) on them in the shape of a happy face, and take them to a neighbor.
- Play hopscotch outside for at least 15 minutes
How Will You Give to Others This Week?
- What other ideas do you have for helping others laugh?
- How has laughing made a meaningful difference for you this week?
- How have others made you laugh this week and what difference has that made in your life?
How Else Can You Make a Difference This Season?
Make a meaningful difference this season by taking the Season of Service (SOS) Challenge. Here's how you can participate:
- Commit to do one act of kindness/service based on the week's challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week's challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.
- Enter to win each week's giveaway. Check out this week's prizes from Frito-Lay by clicking here.
- Join #gno this Tuesday on Twitter to connect with other Mom It Forward moms about the challenge.
What other ideas do you have for helping others laugh? How has laughing made a meaningful difference for you this week? How have others made you laugh this week and what difference has that made in your life?