My hubby and I look to set aside one night a week, each week is different, where we have family time. We put away tablets, phones, and sometimes turn off the television. No matter what, we spend time doing something together. For tonight's family night we are going to do make your own pizza!
I tried to take step by step pictures of how we make the pizza but between flour flying and dough be eaten and some whining it became a little crazy, but I did manage to take a picture of the end result 🙂 to give you an idea of how amazing it all turns out! Our kids get really excited to shape their own dough, put as much sauce as they want, and pile on the cheese and toppings of their choice!
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 1 lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasonings or oregano
- Toppings pepperoni,sauteed peppers, mushrooms and onions
- For The Dough: This recipe is for the bread machine. All ingredients in and then place on the dough setting. Once dough is complete place in an oiled bowl, cover, and allow to rise for at least one hour. You can also make the dough by dissolving the yeast and sugar in warm water and mixing in the rest of the ingredients until it forms into a ball. Knead several times and place in an oiled bowl and allow to rise until doubled in size. You can also buy already made dough at the grocery store!
- Our family uses two dough. We divide one dough into four and then we make one big pizza with the other dough.
- Flour your work space and roll out dough.
- Using a spoon to spread add the sauce and sprinkle on the seasonings.
- Add the cheese.
- Add toppings.
- Place on a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Bake at 450F for 15-20 minutes.
What is your favorite pizza recipe?
To see my first post on family activities, please visit http://momitforward.wpengine.com/family-night-ideas
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Spring Gardening Trends - May 9, 2022
- 42 Easter Treats and Crafts - March 1, 2022
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 17, 2022