Join Us As We Learn About Maternity Care Deserts With March of Dimes
According to March of Dimes, millions of women of childbearing age live in U.S. counties with no or limited access to maternity care - obstetric hospitals or birthing center or obstetric provider.
These areas are called maternity care deserts. Thirty-five percent of U.S. counties are considered to be one.
Why is this happening? Do you live in a maternity care desert? Are you in danger of living in one? What can you do to make a difference for moms and babies?
Join @Mom2Summit and @MarchOfDimes to learn more about maternity care deserts, discuss findings from its recently released report, and what we can all do to ensure all pregnant people have access to quality maternity care.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) #MarchofDimes Twitter Chat
- When: Wednesday, October 12, 2022, from 9 p.m. - 10 p.m. ET (8 CT, 7 MT, 6 PT)
- Where: Chat with us on your Twitter account! Just make sure to follow and use the chat hashtags!
- Topic: March of Dimes Maternity Care Deserts Report
- Hashtags: #MarchofDimes #gno
- Brand Panelist: @Mom2Summit @MarchOfDimes
- Community Panelists: TBA
- Community Moderators: @ForwardIM @troypattee @MomItForward
About March of Dimes
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We support research, lead programs, and provide education and advocacy so that every family can have the best possible start. Building on a successful 84-year legacy, we support every pregnant person and every family.
Latest posts by Nikki Abad (see all)
- Join the Avocados From Mexico Guac Off and Get a Chance to Win $100,000 - January 27, 2023
- Vote For Your Favorite Guac and Get a Chance to Win $100,000 - January 27, 2023
- Hang Out With Avocados From MexicoⓇ at the Goodness Hotel and Get a Chance to Win $100,000 - January 25, 2023