Passports With Purpose: Monday #gno Twitter Party
There’s travel and then there’s charitable travel. Passports with Purpose is all about the latter. Passports with Purpose, which started in 2008, is the annual travel bloggers’ fundraiser held during a two-week period in November/December of which this travel related giveaway is a part. Passports with Purpose (PwP) fills the need to do long-lasting good for people in the places travelers visit by uniting an online community and leveraging the social media platforms of travel bloggers around the world.
PwP initiatives benefited Heifer International; the Passports School with American Assistance for Cambodia; a village in Tamil Nadu, India for 25 Dalit families with Land for Tillers’ Freedom; two libraries in Zambia with Room to Read; five wells in Haiti with Water.org; and in 2013 two schools and two adult literacy programs in Mali with buildOn. PwP was recognized by Travel + Leisure® magazine with a Social Media in Travel + Tourism℠ Awards (SMITTY) for “Best Use of Social Media by an Independent Journalist/Blogger.”
How to Enter for a Chance to Win This Travel Related Giveaway From HomeAway
Mom It Forward is excited to announce that we're partnering with HomeAway to offer $1,000 toward a HomeAway vacation rental. That's right, those who donate get entered for a change to win a prize from HomeAway. What's HomeAway? Check out this post about HomeAway's awesome vacation rental services and how to help make your next family vacation a huge hit with our vacation rental tips.
Follow these steps to enter for chance(s) to win the $1,000 HomeAway gift certificate and more prizes from Passports with Purpose:
- Check out the online catalog of prizes when you visit the Passports with Purpose website. The prizes are listed by category. Feel free to scroll around and see what you like. (You can also visit PassportsWithPurpose.org and click on the "Donate Now" button.)
- Donate $10 to be entered for a chance to win the prize(s) of your choice. For example, let's say you want to win $1,000 good toward your next HomeAway vacation rental. Simply click on the "Gift Certificates" category, click to read more about the HomeAway prize, and then add $10 (or more if you'd like to enter more than once) to your cart.
- Then, either check out by clicking "Proceed to Check Out" or "Update Cart" to add more things or to make changes to what's in your cart. The more you enter, the better your chance of winning is and the more families you'll help.
All proceeds go to Sustainable Harvest International. Funds raised will provide the training and tools needed to feed families in Honduras and improve their standard of living while restoring the environment. SHI can help one family for five years with every $5,000 raised. Read more about SHI here.
The 2014 online fundraising event, including this travel related giveaway, will run from Monday, December 1, 2014 11:59 p.m. EST to Wednesday, December 17, 11:59 p.m. EST.
Join PwP, Mom It Forward, and our panel of experts as we chat about travel and charitable giving. The party will be held on Monday, December 15 from 9-10 p.m. ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT).
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Monday, December 15 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us using your favorite Twitter platform. Just make sure to follow the party hashtags!
- Hashtags: #gno #PwP #TMOM
- Topic: Travel and Charitable Giving
- Who: Brand Panelist: @PassportPurpose Hosts: @jylmomIF@Dadventurous@troypattee and @MomItForward
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.