PauseMeNot #gno Twitter Party
When you think about what menopause means, what is the first thing that comes to mind? If you're like me and the nearly 2 MILLION women that enter the stages of menopause every year in the US alone, you likely think it represents one thing: no more periods. And while, yes! Menopause does signal the point in time 12 months after your last period, there is much more to menopause than a "goodbye forever, Aunt Flo" moment.
October is World Menopause Awareness Month. Did you know that “only 1 in 5 women in the US receive a referral to a menopause specialist [when needing help]? [And] of the 60% of women who seek medical attention, an appalling 75% of them are left untreated.”
The stigma about menopause may make this the norm, but together we can kick the taboo to the curb.
Help us get the conversation going TONIGHT Twitter style by joining our #menoCHAT from 9:00-10:00 p.m. ET (8 CT, 7 MT, 6 PT) to raise awareness.
How To Join
Simply open up your Twitter app and follow @PauseMeNot (, your party host). Then, search for the #PauseMeNot, #gno, #menoCHAT hashtags. Finally, answer our questions, ask your own, or just join in the virtual soiree’s chatter using the chat’s hashtags in your tweets so we can “see” you.
Here’s to transforming the stigma one tweet at a time!
Join @PauseMeNot as we chat about menopause symptoms, stages, hot flashes, and all things menopause. The party will be held on Monday, October 4, 2021, from 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. ET (8 CT/7MT/6 PT).
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Monday, October 4, 2021, 9:00 to 10:00 p.m. ET (8 CT/7MT/6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on your Twitter account! Just make sure to follow and use the party hashtags!
- Hashtags: #pausemenot #gno #menoCHAT
- Topic: What is menopause?
- Brand Panelist: @PauseMeNot
- Moderators: @PauseMeNot @ForwardInfluence @MomItForward
- Community Panelists: TBD
Latest posts by Nikki Abad (see all)
- Join the Mom 2.0 We Can Do This National Parent Twitter Event with Special Guests Dr. Vivek H. Murthy, United States Surgeon General and Patricia A. Stinchfield, RN, MS, CPNP, president-elect of the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) - June 6, 2022
- Join the Mom 2.0 We Can Do This National Parent Twitter Event with Special Guest Dr. Dara Kass, HHS Regional Director for Region 2 - May 9, 2022
- Celebrating Milestones: 5 Victories Moms Should Celebrate￼ - May 5, 2022