Breakfast Burritos Recipe With Eggs and Sausage
I love eating eggs for breakfast. They are not only a good source of protein, but are a great alternative to cereal. I am always trying to find a new way to cook eggs so my family doesn't get tired of the same scrambled or fried egg on their plate. One of our family's favorite way to eat eggs is in a breakfast burrito. Making breakfast burritos is a fun way to combine many of your favorite ingredients in one easy dish.
Recently the Mom It Forward team went to Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort just outside of Zions National Park in Southern Utah. We had 27 people staying under one roof. That is a lot of mouths to feed! Making breakfast burritos is fast, filling, and feeds lots of people. What's not to love about that when planning a meal for a large group?
- Flour Tortillas
- Fresh Veggies
- Green Onions
- Kraft Triple Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- Sausage or Bacon
- Scramble two to three eggs per person.
- Cut desired veggies and add to your scrambled eggs. We like to use green peppers, avocados, and tomatoes. Put the avocados on at the very end.
- Cook and cut sausage or bacon into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop green onions.
- When your eggs and veggies have cooked all the way, add remaining ingredients, and sprinkle with Kraft Triple Cheddar Shredded Cheese (we also love Kraft's Mexican Four Cheese variety).
- Scoop eggs into a warmed flour tortilla and top with salsa.
- Fold tortilla and eat.
Another way to enjoy eggs is on a Creamy Kale Omelet with Kraft Triple Cheese Shredded Cheese. Kale is all the rage right now and shredded cheese is always in style. Mmmm! I think I'll go make one right now!
Photos courtesy of Die Hard Photography
What is your favorite way to prepare eggs?