Service Ideas: 10 Ways to Incorporate “Clip” Into Your Life
Service—This week's Season of Service challenge is to serve by clipping. "Clip," for our purposes, means to cut short, cut out, or trim; a short sequence of a movie or video; or something that holds something in place. You'd be surprised at the fun things you can do and ways you can serve involving this word.
- "Clip" an online coupon for a print job you might need done, like Christmas cards, event fliers, brochures, etc. through UPrinting.com, an eco-friendly printing company that uses vegetable and soy-based inks to reduce harmful carbon emissions, and prints on paper that contains up to 55% post-consumer recycled content, and 45% from sources that practice sustainable forestry.
- Watch this Youtube clip about a girls' softball miracle, to witness an act of kindness.
- Pick up a few bag clips the next time you're at the grocery store, and donate them to a homeless shelter's kitchen.
- Watch this video clip about lost Dr. Seuss stories, and maybe let your kids play the Sneech Beach Relay while you're at it.
- Ask for a tour of a local nonprofit, record it (with permission), and post a clip of it on YouTube to increase awareness of what they do.
- Watch video clips about projects that can "refresh" the world on Pepsi's RefreshEverything.com project site, and vote for your favorite.
- Clip coupons and donate some of what you get to your favorite nonprofit.
- Buy a gift for a friend or family at ChangingthePresent.org, a nonprofit website offering gifts that change the world, and help clip hunger or women's inequality in developing countries.
- Read posts about global warming on PlanetSave.com, a decentralized blog network covering issues organized by Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, to find out about activism efforts to clip the progress of global warming.
- Find one of the 207 or so geocaches with the word "clip" in them hidden around the country, with your family or friends.
How Will You Give to Others This Week?
- What other ideas do you have for giving to others by "clipping"?
- How has clipping made a meaningful difference for you this week?
- How have others given to you this week and what difference has that made in your life?
How Else Can You Make a Difference This Season?
Make a meaningful difference this season by taking the Season of Service (SOS) Challenge. Here's how you can participate:
- Commit to do one act of kindness/service based on the week's challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week's challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.
- Enter to win each week's giveaway. Check out this week's prizes from the Mushroom Council by clicking here.
- Join #gno this Tuesday on Twitter to connect with other Mom It Forward moms about the challenge.