Service Ideas: 10 Ways to Incorporate Writing Into Service
This week's Season of Service challenge may be the easiest yet for all you bloggers out there for whom writing is your bread and butter. We challenge you to write just a little more for the sake of someone else. Here are a few ideas:
10 Bite-Size Ways to Serve Through Writing
- Write a post about animal welfare and link to Charity Guide's animal welfare section to promote volunteer opportunities in that area.
- Write a message of thanks to a serviceman fighting overseas and send it through the Joining Forces USO initiative.
- Contact the team at ElderParentHelp.com about writing a guest post if you have any experience in taking care of an elderly person.
- Write guest posts on archeology or world heritage for CyArk, an organization devoted to digitally preserving cultural heritage sites through collecting, archiving and providing open access to data created by laser scanning, digital modeling, and other state-of-the-art technologies.
- Write down three things you did well today.
- Take a little field trip with your kids around town to different neighborhoods, then have them write down their thoughts about the similarities and differences of each one or the diversities of people they saw.
- Write a thank-you message of some sort in Google Translate, translate it to the language of your choice, and learn how to say it.
- Comment on a post on the Local Harvest food co-op blog. The site helps unite co-op farmers and people looking to lower their "food miles" and environmental impact.
- Sign up on Sparked.com to receive notification whenever a nonprofit has need of a "micro" volunteer writer for an occasional post, brochure, press release, etc.
- Write in your journal or diary for 10 minutes today, or jot down an outline of your life history to preserve for future generations.
How Will You Give to Others This Week?
- What other ideas do you have for serving others by writing?
- Has writing made a meaningful difference for you or others this week?
- How have others given to you this week and what difference has that made in your life?
How Else Can You Make a Difference This Season?
Make a meaningful difference this season by taking the Season of Service (SOS) Challenge. Here’s how you can participate:
- Commit to do one act of kindness/service based on the week’s challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week’s challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.
- Enter to win this week’s giveaway. Check out the prizes.
- Join #gno this Tuesday on Twitter to connect with other Mom It Forward moms about the challenge.
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Spring Gardening Trends - May 9, 2022
- 42 Easter Treats and Crafts - March 1, 2022
- Spring Dessert Recipe: Simply Delicious Carrot Bars - February 17, 2022