Sweet Treat: Easy Watermelon Ice Cream
Is there anything more refreshing than a wedge of cold, juicy watermelon on a hot summer day? How about a scoop of frosty watermelon ice cream? This recipe is an easy treat that will help you beat the heat. It is also a perfect way to use up all the leftover watermelon from those summertime BBQs!
Easy Watermelon Ice Cream
2 cups pureed watermelon
1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Puree enough watermelon to yield 2 cups (approximately half of a medium watermelon).
- Add 1 can sweetened condensed milk to watermelon puree and mix together.
- To make a batch smaller or larger, just keep a 2:1 ratio of watermelon to sweetened condensed milk.
You can then either pour the mixture into an ice cream maker (like I do because I am impatient) or make freezer ice cream following these steps:
- Pour mixture into a large freezer-safe Tupperware and let freeze.
- After 1 hour, remove ice cream mixture from freezer and give a good stir.
- Freeze overnight or until ice cream is set
When your ice cream is ready, take a spoonful and sandwich between two shortbread cookies or enjoy on its own.
What is your favorite summer flavor?
Julie Suarez created WrongwayPeachfuzz to silence the "You should really start a blog so we can see the baby" comments spouted by relatives. Since then, her family has grown and today she writes about her day to day adventures raising 4 little girls and the realities of being a step mom. She is blessed with an amazing husband and wonderful children.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by jmariesuarez (see all)
- Sweet Treat: Easy Watermelon Ice Cream - July 10, 2019