Take Care of Your Most Important Asset This Week—Yourself!
10 Ways to Make a Difference This Week By Giving to Others
Sometimes, one of the most important ways to Mom It Forward is to put ourselves as a priority and take time for our most important asset—Ourselves! Week 6's Summer of Service challenge, sponsored by Design-her Gals, is to Make Some "Me" Time. This means identifying what re-energizes, revitalizes, and renews you; putting yourself as a priority; and taking time for yourself!
This list below identifies 10 possible ways to give back to yourself. Remember, this is "Me" time—things you would enjoy and can do alone or with friends that build, not drain, your energy. For more ideas, join #gno this Tuesday night. And, please share a comment with other ideas you have or things that have worked for you.
- Read a good book.
- Take a bubble bath.
- Get a spa treatment, even if that means giving yourself a pedicure!
- Write in your journal or on your blog... just for fun.
- Play a musical instrument.
- Take on a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) project like scrapbooking, jewelry making, quilting, knitting, sewing, or another craft.
- Take a really long shower and sing at the top of your lungs!
- Go to the park by yourself, lay in the grass, and just be.
- Schedule a girl's night out where you can relax and be with friends or family, but where you are not the hostess.
How Will You Give to Others This Week?
- What other ideas do you have for "Me" time?
- How has taking time for yourself made a meaningful difference this week?
- What happens when you don't make "me" time?
Make a meaningful difference this summer by taking the Summer of Service (SOS) Challenge. Here's how you can participate:
- Commit to do one act of kindness/service based on the week's challenge.
- Leave a comment with ideas relating to the week's challenge as well as your experience(s) performing it.
- Grab the SOS button in the sidebar and put it on your blog or social networking site.
- Enter to win each week's giveaway. Check out this week's prizes from Design-her Gals by clicking here.
- Join #gno this Tuesday on Twitter to connect with other Mom It Forward moms about the challenge.