Universal Orlando Resort: Help Us Plan Our Trip
As many of you know, we just returned from Orlando, Florida, where we spent a day at the Universal Orlando Resort. We knew we were returning 2 weeks later for a trip to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, so the first time around we just caught the highlights. This time, we're doing it right! Spending two full days exploring the parks, getting up close and personal with City Walk, and staying on resort property at the Loews Portofino Bay Hotel. And even though we were just at the parks, we need a little help deciding what to include in this vacation.
If you haven't been to Orlando before, why don't you join our trip virtually. We'd love to take you along. How about we start with a little planning! Check out the options below and leave a comment, letting me know what you think we should do. Majority rules. So, we'll go with the most popular recommendations and we'll be sure to update you real time while at the parks.
First of all... the rides! Are you into thrill rides, simulators, fun for the whole family, or all of the above? Check out the attractions below and let us know what your preferences are.
1. At Islands of Adventure, what 3 attractions do you suggest I go on and why?
- The Incredible Hulk coaster http://bit.ly/keJVF5
- Dr. Doom's Fear Fall http://bit.ly/lHUBE0
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man http://bit.ly/iFX9R3
- Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls (water ride) http://bit.ly/jq4SP2
- Popeye & Bluto's Rat River Barges (water ride) http://bit.ly/ieXD5m
- Jurassic Park River Adventure (water ride) http://bit.ly/lVzTvF
- Dragon Challenge coaster http://bit.ly/jBs6l8 (Keep in mind that this one has like 5 loops and is super scary! Just sayin'.)
2. What 3 attractions should my family go on at Universal Studios?
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit coaster http://bit.ly/muZzCI (this one looks SCARY in all caps!)
- The Revenge of the Mummy http://bit.ly/kDMGnX (this is in the pitch black)
- TWISTER… Ride It Out http://bit.ly/ivgK2h
- Disaster! http://bit.ly/mvAZhl
- E.T. Adventure http://bit.ly/kNkoOr
- Animal Actors on Location http://bit.ly/l3Ugqi
Let's not forget the food! I always get super starving at theme parks, but never plan my meals in advance. Let's change that! Where do you think we should eat?
3. There are lots of kid-friendly options for lunch at Universal's Islands of Adventure and I need help. Where should my family and I eat lunch?
- Confisco Grille in Port of Entry http://bit.ly/mF5lx7
- The Burger Digs in Jurassic Park http://bit.ly/k32qYN
- Three Broomsticks in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter http://bit.ly/jgatKh
- Circus McGurkus Café Stoo-pendus in Seuss Landing http://bit.ly/moEtl3
4. We are eating out at CityWalk one of the nights and we can eat at any of the below places. Where do you think we should go?
- NBA City http://bit.ly/jDwF27
- Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville http://bit.ly/ldKXoT
- Latin Quarter http://bit.ly/m2Y4uX
- NASCAR Sports Grill http://bit.ly/kHXquD
- Bob Marley - A Tribute to Freedom http://bit.ly/jtIIr3
Finally... our two boys, ages 7 and 10, are wacky for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. So this last question is all about that!
5. We are heading to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Last time we had both cold and frozen Butterbeer. Which one should we have this time? Cold or Frozen? (I'll be sure to post a picture of my family's frothy mustaches either way!)
Finally... what have we forgotten to plan?
6. Any other recommendations?
Stay tuned Tuesday and Wednesday, May 17 and 18 for our Universal Orlando Resort adventure. We hope you'll virtually join us!Disclosure: My upcoming trip to Orlando is part of an all-expenses-paid press trip provided by Universal Orlando Resort. The thrills, screams, adventure, and pre-planning excitement is all my own!
Latest posts by Jyl Johnson Pattee (see all)
- Child Development: 9 Ways to Help Kids Learn to Manage Anger - August 17, 2022
- Ireland Travel: Planning Your Irish Vacation - August 1, 2022
- Easter Cupcakes: Fast and Easy Holiday Dessert - March 1, 2022