Window Covering Safety Council: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party on Safety
Did you know that October is National Window Covering Safety Month? What type of window coverings do you have throughout your home? When was the last time you checked them and guaranteed that they are safe for you and your family?
The October window-cord awareness campaign, known as National Window Covering Safety Month, is sponsored by the Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC) and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Throughout the month, government and industry officials are urging parents and caregivers to check their window coverings for exposed or dangling cords that can pose a strangulation hazard to infants and young children, and to retrofit or replace them with today’s safer products.
Children often may see window cords as a toy and not realize their potential dangers. According to safety experts, accidents are more likely to occur once a child reaches the age of three or four during active play. That is why parents and caregivers must step up to protect them and restrict children’s access to window areas.
Making the switch to cordless window coverings does not necessarily mean spending more money or changing your interior design. A wide variety of cordless window coverings are available for all types of budgets and decorating schemes.
For more information about window-cord safety, visit the Window Covering Safety Council’s website at www.windowcoverings.org. Also, don’t forget to mark your calendar for Tuesday, October 2 and join us as we chat about safety and celebrate National Window Covering Safety Month!
Join the Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC), Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), and our panel of experts as we discuss safety and celebrate National Window Covering Safety Month. The party will be held on Tuesday, October 2 from 9pm-10pm ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, October 2 from 9-10 p.m. EST (8 CST, 7 MST, & 6 PST)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid!
- Hashtags: #gno #CordSafety
- Topic: Safety
- Who: Brand Panelists: @CordSafety, Community Panelists: @PenningtonPoint @centraltexasmom @MimiBakerMN @7onashoestring, Moderator(s): @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Please click here to see more information about the giveaway.
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Fall Crafts: 5 Homemade Projects to Celebrate the Fall Season - September 11, 2020
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 23, 2020
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - February 23, 2020