10 Ways to Donate to Charity Without Spending a Cent
Do you have a desire to make a meaningful contribution, but aren't in the financial situation to do so? Donations to charity don't have to be financial. So many of us are experiencing the fallout from this global economic crisis, and at the same time we feel a push to give back—a desire to reach out to others. Those of us who want to serve, who want to make a difference, can do so using our passion, our drive, our connections, our voices, our hearts, and, if we happen to be in a position to do so, our pocket books.
Make a Meaningful Difference Without Reaching Into Your Pocket Book
Here are 10 ways you can make a difference for Yehu Microfinance between now and May 12:
- Promote the fundraiser in your social media circles: on twitter, on facebook, to your friends through e-mail, on the ning networks you frequent, etc.
- Write a blog post about the fundraiser or the charity to raise awareness.
- Place this Chip In widget code on your blog:<embed allowScriptAccess="always" src="http://widget.chipin.com/widget/id/2d59742089239480" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="250" height="250"></embed>
- Advertise the fundraiser on your site using this button:<a href="http://momitforward.wpengine.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv43/momitforward/MIF_FightPoverty2_125x125.jpg" alt="Africa, Poverty, Women, Mom It Forward, Moms Helping Moms" border="0" /></a>
- Promote and/or attend our live events. See the calendar of events post for details, including invitation and press release links.
- Start using products with coconut oil, especially those sold at Basa Body and Coast Coconut Farms. You can sample the products at all of our live events.
- Put on a fundraising "Tweet Up" or event in your area. This doesn't have to be a huge, formal event or something that raises a lot of money. Meeting up with friends and family at your home, at a coffee shop, or another informal gathering place and spreading the news about this initiative goes a long way in raising awareness.
- Familiarize yourself with the charity's mission by visiting and reading information on these three sites: http://yehu.org, http://basabody.com, http://coastcoconutfarms.co.ke, and http://coastcoconutfarms.com.
- After visiting the sites, promote them in your social media circles with the goal of raising awareness.
- Determine what you will do today to Mom It Forward to your family, your friends, and/or people in your online networks, etc. Go out and Mom It Forward and help change the world one mom at a time. This applies to moms as well as anyone that has a mom! 🙂
When You Make a Purchase, Choose Products With a Proceeds Going to Charity
- Make a cash donation to Yehu Microfinance through our Chip In widget.
- Purchase one of the Basa Body Kiss Me Packs (made using the coconut oil extracted by the women in Kenya) for your Mother's Day Gift (a portion of the proceeds goes to charity).
- Purchase any of the Basa Body products (a portion of the proceeds goes to charity).
- Purchase a limited edition #gno t-shirt (a portion of the proceeds goes to charity).
- Purchase coconut cooking oil. This is perfect for cooking and food storage and has a longer shelf life than other oils. Proceeds from this purchase also go to charity.