Aveda: Tuesday #gno Twitter Party on Empowering Communities
Did you know that more than 4,000 children die each day from preventable conditions like diarrhea, due to unsafe drinking water? Today’s water crisis is not an issue of scarcity, but of access, especially to safe drinking water. To put things into perspective, a person in a country such as the US will, on average, use more than 40 gallons of water to take just one, leisurely bath. Yet someone living in a developing nation may have access to less than eight gallons of water each day for all of their daily needs. Nearly 900 million people globally are left fighting for clean water on a daily basis.
The stark differences between access and rights to safe drinking water globally are startling enough to inspire much needed change – a movement that can empower communities, protect local watersheds and help make clean water accessible to everyone, everywhere. Every day, the lack of access to clean water kills thousands and leaves the others with a reduced quality of life.
Aveda’s 2011 Earth Month is working to change the global water crisis. During the month of April, Aveda’s campaign will connect its network of hair and skin professionals and consumers in more than 30 countries around the globe to raise $4 million for awareness and protection of clean water. Fundraisers will include opportunities such as: Light The Way™ Earth Month Candle, Aveda Walk For Water, and Appointments For The Earth. Visit Aveda’s Facebook page for more information about walks and online donations, as well as their local Aveda salon, spa and Institute for more information about their initiatives.
Join Aveda and our panel of experts as we discuss ways to empower communities, specifically as it relates to the global water crisis. The party will be held on Tuesday, March 29 from 9-11 ET (8CT, 7MT, 6PT). Click here to see details about the giveaway and enter for a chance to win.
- What: Girls’ Night Out (#gno) Twitter party (Click here to learn about #gno!)
- When: Tuesday, March 29 from 9-11 p.m. EST (8CT, 7 MT, & 6 PT)
- Where: Party with us on our very own Custom Tweetgrid! (Use hashtags #gno and #AvedaEarthMonth)
- Topic: Empowering Communities
- Who: Brand Panelists: @Aveda, Community Panelists: @purenaturaldiva @MomStart @greenmom @bodhi_bear @MyFourMonkeys @LadyofPC @paigewolf Moderators: @jylmomIF @Dadventurous @troypattee and @MomItForward
- Party Favors: Click here to enter the giveaway
- RSVP: Use Mr. Linky below (enter the twitter URL and your twitter ID (e.g., http://twitter.com/jylmomIF).
Note: Mom It Forward accepts paid sponsorships for most #gno Twitter parties. During the parties, brand sponsors provide tips, techniques, expert advice, and information on party topics. Mom It Forward is grateful for the giveaway prizes, coupons, and discounts that sponsors also provide to the Mom It Forward community in conjunction with #gno Twitter parties.
Latest posts by Jen Tilley (see all)
- Fall Crafts: 5 Homemade Projects to Celebrate the Fall Season - September 11, 2020
- Easter Treat: Monkey Bread Bird Nests - March 23, 2020
- Gift Ideas: Easy Spring and Easter Crafts - February 23, 2020