Easy Sharpie Pen Craft Project
Need a creative outlet with something fabulous to show for it? Look no further, our easy Sharpie pen craft project is here to save the day!
Studies show that doodling helps your brain focus, as it helps your mind from wandering away from whatever is happening. Ultimately it's proven that people who doodle while exposed to verbal information actually retain more of that information, sometimes by as much as 30%.
Want to know my #1 favorite tool to doodle with? A Sharpie! I have one on me at all times!
If you're a doodler like I'm a doodler, it's hard to function in a meeting, class, or event without doodling. Because doodling has always been such a prominent part of my life, I'm always looking for places to doodle outside of the margins of my books, papers, and notebooks.
Below I'd like to introduce you to one of the absolute best ways I've discovered to retain your artistic doodles with a simple and inexpensive Sharpie pen craft project.
Supplies You'll Need:
- Basic white plate, saucer, mug, tea cup, or platter.
- 1 oil-based Sharpie paint marker. (Regular Sharpies will not work for this project.)
- Open your oil-based Sharpie marker and press the tip repeatedly on a scrap piece of paper to ensure the tip is saturated with paint.
- Start Doodling! When using a paint marker you have to ensure that you're applying the proper amount of pressure. Don't press too hard, as the paint will come out too quickly, but don't press too softly, as the paint will not come out with a steady enough flow. The paint will dry as you work but you'll still want to handle your piece carefully.
- Once you've completed your design place your piece on a baking sheet and place it in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees.
- Bake your piece for 30 minutes. Once your 30 minutes is up, turn off the oven and let your piece cool in the oven until it's room-temperature. Baking the piece makes your design permanent! (I've hand-washed my pieces so cannot guarantee that they're dishwasher safe.)
Latest posts by Mom It Forward (see all)
- Savory and Sweet Dishes: 8 Easy Bacon-Filled Recipes - January 17, 2022
- Round Up: Favorite Holiday Dessert Recipes - December 7, 2021
- Top 15 Summer Garden Recipes - July 2, 2021