HERSHEY’S KISSES Candy Cane Blossom Cookies
Looking for the perfect cookies to take to your holiday cookie exchange, set out for Santa, or to impress guests at a New Year's Eve party? Look no further. This modified HERSHEY'S KISSES Candy Cane Blossom cookies recipe is sure to be a hit!
HERSHEY'S KISSES Candy Cane Blossom Cookies Recipe
HERSHEY'S KISSES Candy Cane Blossom Cookies should now be called HERSHEY'S KISSES Candy Cane and Mint Truffles Blossom Cookies. Instead of adding just the HERSHEY'S KISSES brand Candy Cane chocolate variety, we also added the HERSHEY'S KISSES brand Mint Truffles option with dark chocolate. And they did not disappoint!
When taking cookies to a party, around as neighbor gifts, or to cookie exchanges, I often find I make just enough for the event and don't have any left over for my family. You can imagine that this doesn't set well with my tween boys. Since the HERSHEY'S KISSES Candy Cane Blossom Cookies recipe only makes 48 treats, you may want to consider doubling the recipe.
- 24 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies
- (Optional) 24 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Mint Truffles Chocolate Candies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- (Optional) Red or green sugar crystals, granulated sugar or powdered sugar
To impress your party guests or neighbors (these also make the perfect neighbor gifts for Christmas, New Year's, or even Valentine's Day), follow these recipe directions, modified slightly from the Hershey's original HERSHEY'S KISSES Candy Cane Blossom cookies recipe.
- Heat oven to 350°F.Note: The original recipe's directions encouraged bakers to unwrap candies right after heating the oven. Since I bake with my children, I found that having them unwrap the candies while I was shaping the dough into 1-inch balls kept them busy and feeling a part of the process. So, I moved this step to step 3.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar or a combination of any of the sugars. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.Note: Our family doesn't prefer using the granulated sugar or powdered sugar to coat the cookies as they are already super sweet, especially when topped with the HERSHEY'S KISSES.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 48 cookies.Note: I found that placing the candies on the cookies after only 2-3 minutes made a gooey mess. Waiting 5-6 minutes seemed to be the sweet spot where the temperature wasn't too warm to melt the candies, but not too cool, which wouldn't have allowed for pressing the candies into the center of the treat.
What cookies do you bake for neighbor gifts, party treats, or to eat as a family favorite?