Kids Crafts and Education: A DIY Library Canvas Bag Using the Silhouette SD
mom • education
How do you make reading time special for the little people in your life? In our home, reading is a passion, and we'd love to instill that same love for reading in our girls. One of my daughter's favorite things is going to the library. She considers it a treat! This project helped her time at the library be even more special and personal.
- Acrylic paints
- Canvas bag
- Cardboard the size of your bag
- Freezer Paper
- Silhouette SD
- Sponge brushes
- Ribbons for embellishment
1. Using your Silhouette SD, cut out the images and phrases you would like to paint on your bag.
2. Placing the shiny side of the freezer paper against the fabric, iron it on, make sure there's no steam! Place all your images how you want them on your bag.
3. Place your cardboard inside the bag to avoid the paint from bleeding through the fabric. Using your sponge brush, color in your images. My little girl wanted a butterfly and a flower. She had lots of fun painting her bag and picking out the colors!
4. Let it dry completely, or if you're not patient, like me, a hair dryer works great to speed things up!5. Carefully remove the freezer paper, tie some cute bows to the handles for embellishment, and don't waste any time! Then, go straight to the library and pick out your favorite books!
Vanessa is a craft blogger from Craft Envy, which is a collaboration of ideas and projects created by me and my sister in law/BFF Nicholette. We get inspiration from recycling, from pretty things around us, and from all of you out there in blogland!
The following two tabs change content below.