DIY Lucky River Rocks for St. Patrick’s Day
Share a little St. Patrick's Day luck with all those who enter your home by painting lucky river rocks. They're small enough to slip into your pocket and sure to bring good luck all day long. Lucky River Rocks make the perfect St. Patrick’s Day decoration and token of gratitude for your guests.
- Small River Rocks (find them outside or at a craft store)
- Acrylic Paint
Embellish each rock with St. Patrick’s Day words and symbols. Try shamrocks and leprechaun hats with words such as “luck” and “good fortune”. I used the end of my paintbrush for a more defined tip.
If you have extra supplies on hand, add some glitter or Modge Podge on some stickers.
Kids will love to help paint. Let them make their own lucky rock for good luck on tests and games; their help will be needed to fill up the jar!
Place your rocks in a vase, tin, jar, or container of any type and place it in your entryway for guests to admire.
I used rocks because they’re abundant and cheap. Plus, I like the modern look they create. You could always use chocolate coins or other trinkets as your lucky offering for a different look!
To make a “Take Luck” sign
- Draw a shamrock on a piece of green construction paper or print out an outline from the web.
- Cut out your shape.
- I used my paintbrush and leftover green paint to brush a boarder around the edges.
- Write something such as “Take Luck”, “We Wish You Luck”, or “We Want to Share with You Our Luck”.
- Make a hole punch and use a green ribbon to tie it around your container.
You’ll be the luckiest house on the block!
Do you have a St. Patrick's Day family tradition?